Litigation Paralegal with 3 + years of Antitrust experience needed for this AMLaw 200 law firm located in NYC. Competitive salary based on qualifications.
This position will support the antitrust team in various types of litigation. The Antitrust Paralegal will have a comprehensive understanding of federal practice, including class action practice and multidistrict litigation (MDL); experience with antitrust class actions or antitrust opt out actions is preferred.
- Develop and maintain in-depth knowledge of all case developments and materials, major and minor.
- Master a voluminous case file, including by managing, organizing and navigating complex file folder structures and databases.
- Demonstrate a detailed understanding of and ability to learn database software programs used to organize materials, including Relativity and internal shared drives.
- Finalize, file and serve briefs or other major submissions, including by proofreading and reviewing for compliance with Bluebook style.
- Monitor upcoming deadlines and proactively alert case teams to same.
- Track and handle vendor billing and manage relationships with vendors, including document management, court reporter, and claims administration vendors.
- Request fee and expense submissions from co-counsel and share detailed trackers with the team on a regular basis.
- Prepare submissions of fee and expense reports for court approval.
- Monitor and maintain time and expense reporting in excel spreadsheets.
- Support depositions by creating kits of documents specific to each witness.
- Provide support to the litigation team in preparation for in-court hearings, including class certification, summary judgment, and Daubert hearings.
- Collaborate with the eDiscovery team on document collections and productions.
- Coordinate team meetings and facilitate effective team communication.
- Experience with all phases of federal practice, including class actions and MDLs; experience with antitrust class actions or opt-out actions strongly preferred.
- Detailed understanding of and experience with case budget practices, including compliance with outside counsel guidelines, and fee submissions in federal class actions. Experience managing fee and expense reporting in class actions is strongly preferred.
- Experience delivering superior client service to internal and external clients.
- Facility with federal court e-filing (ECF).
- Facility with Bluebook style.
- Facility with MS Word, including managing styles/headings and preparing Tables of Contents and
- Proficiency with Excel essential.
- Familiarity with Westlaw and/or Lexis preferred.
Education – Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree in the Paralegal field (preferred) or Bachelor’s degree with ABA Approved Paralegal Certificate.
To Apply: https://www.jobg8.com/Traffic.aspx?CVZSAZ%2b0O0eVOJaUHfk5YAb