World Centric is a B Corp that aims to reduce waste through the sale of plant-based food service products and contribute to the betterment of humanity by donating up to 25% of all profits towards causes impacting people and planet. We are 65 people in Rohnert Park, CA and we welcome candidates from all walks of life. Currently this role is remote. When our office reopens it will require ability to commute to Rohnert Park. If you think you could be a great fit for this role, please send your resume along with a cover letter detailing why your experience is a match (hint: applications with cover letters get higher consideration). To learn more about our impact, please visit us online .
The Supply Chain Demand Planning Analyst is responsible for day-to-day demand forecasting, replenishment planning, and event/opportunity planning and execution. This position uses advanced analytical and quantitative methods to create and optimize demand forecast models and algorithms, inventory projection, distribution requirement, and capacity constrained supplier order plans. This position will also create and update Supply Chain dashboards and support on ad-hoc reports/analysis. Works with Sales and Account Management to supplement statistical forecasts with events, customer adds, drops and promotions and external events to generate seasonally accurate forecasts. Works with suppliers to plan for capacity constraints, efficient shipments, inventory turns, and service.
- Validates demand plans against actual to continuously improve demand forecast.
- Performs activities required to maintain integrity of forecasting tools, such as weekly & month-end forecast refresh/roll-forward
- Calculate weekly Supplier planned orders, optimizing service, turns, weeks of stock, and container utilization, to be reviewed/approved by Sr. Mgr., Demand Planning
- Create & Implement new tool for sending of periodic purchase forecasts to Suppliers
- Ensures custom prints, special orders and direct-to-customer shipments are being managed and ordered correctly and timely
- Proposes and manages warehouse-to-warehouse inventory transfers
- Execute SKU setup & transition planning process (New SKU’s, EOL, & transitions)
- Tracks production molds and ensures mold capacity meets forecasted demand
- Manages, Maintains, and sends various ad-hoc & scheduled S&OP-related reports (e.g. demand planning, forecast accuracy, inventory, fill rate)
- Provides input into planning methodology for potential new DC’s and/or DC footprint (e.g. new domestic DC’s, JIT/Ship-Direct overseas DC)
- Provides input into methods for reducing supplier lead times and optimization of inventory
- Monitors inbound logistics and PO-tracking activities
- Reviews customer forecasts and provides feedback to sales team.
- Continuously seeks to improve processes, productivity, and reporting throughout the end-to-end Supply Chain
- Keeps donation coordinator apprised of available overstock or reject inventory
- Attends and provides input for various Cross-Functional meetings (e.g. Sales, Material Review Board)
- Main point of contact for sales/account managers for inventory allocation, bid proposals, and ability to serve new accounts based on currently available and projected inventory
- Main point of contact for all suppliers for order management and capacity planning
- Provides input into tracking/scoring supplier performance, based on agreed-upon KPI’s and metrics
- Coordinates with QC team on inventory impacts of QC holds or inspections
- Plans for growth and works with existing and new suppliers for capacity planning
- Cross-train with & act as backup for Purchasing Coordinator as required
- Bachelor’s degree or higher required.
- Minimum 2+ years’ experience in demand planning/forecasting.
- Advanced quantitative and analytical skills including statistics, Bayesian inference, probabilities, distribution, regression and multivariate analysis skills a plus.
- Familiarity with demand and production planning concepts, software, applications a plus.
- Self-directed; ability to communicate findings, make recommendations, and facilitate change.
- Comfortable working with individuals at all organizational levels.
- Excellent project management and follow-up skills.
- Keen and precise attention to detail.
- Advanced Excel skills – fluent in pivot tables required. Ability to write macros a plus.
- NetSuite experience a plus.
- APICS CPIM or equivalent certification a plus
- Experience with outsourced Asia based manufacturing a plus
To Apply: https://www.jobg8.com/ATSApply.aspx?pHOBB7%2bmn%2fN3tPmxStmBOwr