Overview / Responsibilities
Wood Environment & Infrastructure Solutions is seeking a Associate Geotechnical Engineer to join our team in Albuquerque, NM. The successful candidate will be involved in a variety of geotechnical engineering projects for federal agencies such as Kirtland Airforce Base, Sandia and Los Alamos National Laboratories, and USACE, NMDOT, cities and municipalities throughout New Mexico, as well as private development. Primary geotechnical experience will include, but not limited to: subsurface explorations, foundation engineering, pavement design, site characterization, slope stability, natural hazards assessment, and geotechnical construction observation and testing.
Are you looking for an opportunity to work with an established engineering consulting firm that values its employee’s enthusiasm and technical contributions? We encourage you to apply for this opportunity. We are dedicated to providing the atmosphere to allow individuals to grow their career. We offer a varied and interesting diversity of clients and projects. We’d love you to join our team of friendly, hard-working, dedicated and collaborative professionals. Our ideal candidate is seeking challenging work and is committed to quality.
- Evaluate specific geotechnical issues such as settlement, capacity of shallow and deep foundations, and specifying general earthwork related construction practices
- Development of scope of subsurface exploration and laboratory testing programs
- Geotechnical analysis and design
- Perform drilling inspection duties for projects
- Prepare and review geotechnical engineering reports for roadways, utilities, buildings, bridges, culverts, retaining walls, and associated calculations such as slope stability, bearing capacity, settlement, pile analysis, etc.
- Mentoring junior staff
- Actively involved in marketing and business development for the New Mexico Market. Participate in local professional organizations
- Be available for occasional overnight travel as necessary for attending client meetings, conferences, and project inspections
Skills / Qualifications
- BS degree in Civil or Geological Engineering or related engineering degree; MS degree a plus
- 15 years + professional experience
- PE is required
- Familiarity with standard geotechnical software programs including but not limited to Lpile, GSTABL, Slide, SlopeW, Driven, Settle3D, GROUP, SHAFT, Gint, AllPile, and GRLWEAP, or related software programs preferred
- Strong technical writing and communication skills
- Project Management experience is required
- Federal project work is required and must be US Citizen
- Must pass drug test, background check and must have a satisfactory driving record in accordance with the Company’s driving (MVR) policy
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world’s most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people.
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
To Apply: https://www.jobg8.com/Traffic.aspx?QPoIpR8FdV6To9yyX%2b83Rwf