Windstream is considered an essential business and we are?HIRING NOW. As our company responds to COVID-19, the safety and wellbeing of our employees, customers, partners and communities is our top priority!
About the Role:
Windstream’s team of OSP Construction Manager’s connects consumer and small business partners to our leading telecommunications products across the United States.
In this role you will work to create meaningful connections with customers and build long-term relationships. By analyzing a variety of data, you will solve complex problems for our business and residential customers utilizing copper, cable, fiber cable and electronics.
What You’ll do:
Conceptual development and budget management of projects and programs (route development, estimate costs, plan projects, schedule projects, and mapping)
Identify pole ownership, right of way and permit requirements for proposed routes
Communicate with city, county and state permitting agencies
Work with private property owners such as individuals and railroad companies to secure easements and licenses
Work with telephone companies and private building owners to secure building entrance approval and installation of building entrances
Develop construction bid documents and bid analysis
Recommend contractors and contract negotiations
Complete and secure city, state and county permit applications
Complete pole attachment applications and pole line make ready review
Monitor contractor progress, contractor quality inspection, and timely turnover of assigned projects
Monitor and ensure SSP (Single Source Provider) on track to meet service level agreements
Summarize potential solutions and make logical recommendations to management
Read and interpret construction documents, i.e.; prints and plans as well as splicing diagrams that are used in the splicing of fiber optics
Review preliminary construction prints from right-of-way authorities and determine potential conflicts; attend utility coordination meetings and construction progress meetings as needed
Perform preventative maintenance testing utilizing OTDR test equipment, analyze results and coordinate repairs as needed.
Do you have?
- Strong and effective technical communication skills, both verbally and written.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office tools including Excel, Word and Outlook
- Ability to be a self-starter, able to work with little guidance
- Ability to work in a self-directed work group, work easily with others and be a team player
- Ability to analyze problems and priorities and make decisions
- A love of solving problems and building solutions
- A college degree in Engineering or similar discipline and/or 2 years technical experience
- CAD/E, Microstation, AutoCad or other similar design programs
- Previous telecommunication engineering experience or courses in engineering
- Experience working with city, county and/or state agencies
- Familiar with RUS Units and their usage
- Experience in working with OSP contracts and contract crews
- Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance Plans
- Identify Theft, Legal, Auto & Home and Pet Insurance
- 401K Plan
- Life and AD&D, Spousal Life and Child Life Plans
- Educational Assistance Plan
Windstream Holdings, Inc.is a leading provider of advanced network communications and technology solutions for consumers, small business, enterprise organizations along with carrier partners across the United States.
Job Category: Engineering
Locations: US-Pennsylvania-Kittanning |US|Pennsylvania|Waynesburg
Windstream is an equal opportunity employer. At Windstream, we celebrate the authenticity and uniqueness of our people and their ideas. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national: origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability and veteran status. The diverse voices of our employees fuel our innovation and our inclusive culture. Employment at Windstream is subject to post offer, pre-employment drug testing.
To Apply: https://www.jobg8.com/Traffic.aspx?Kg361CnmnnoBegk%2fYZykfwt