WestRock (NYSE: WRK) partners with our customers to provide differentiated paper and packaging solutions that help them win in the marketplace. WestRock’s 50,000 team members support customers around the world from more than 320 operating and business locations spanning North America, South America, Europe, Asia and Australia. Learn more at .
1st Shift Horticultural Prepress Technician – Lansing, Michigan
5800 West Grand River Ave
Lansing, Michigan, 48906
The Lansing Facility is seeking a Horticultural Prepress Technician who will create, trap, impose, proof and maintain inventory and custom product files for print production and custom product templates for web. Participate in research and testing of the latest software, hardware and systems workflows related to prepress, platemaking, printing, and color management.
How you will impact WestRock
- Preflights internal and externally supplied files for proper print production.
- Manages through latest font management software.
- Creates and manipulates print ready files for internal/external printing processes.
- Creates templates for manual and automated impositions.
- Creates Apple Scripts for automation and template manipulation.
- Creates black and white and/or color, color accurate and/or electronic proofs.
• Creates, alters and analyzes potential problems in process plans and workflows.
• Proofs jobs in final stages for content, distortion and trapping.
• Works with production to ensure all proofs show accuracy to printed product.
- Achieves and retains superior knowledge of Prepress terminology, line screens and screen angles.
- Maintains high level of accuracy in daily work.
• Possesses and maintains thorough understanding of contemporary printing processes.
- Remains proficient in the company’s brand file naming conventions and filing structures.
- Maintains proper file structures through network and asset management systems.
• Finds ways to improve cost in the pre-press as well as develop solutions.
- Follows work instructions and adheres to quality control procedures.
• Drafts standard operating procedures and operator work instructions as requested.
• Communicates with internal/external customers and vendors as requested.
• Operates flatbed scanner.
• Attends offsite and onsite training as requested.
• Compresses files, e-mail files and burns CD’s or DVD’s for internal/external customers.
• Provides backup support for other Prepress operators and other team members as requested.
• Performs general departmental administrative tasks as assigned.
• Participates in problem solving initiatives.
- Trains new and current employees and shares software developments based on department and company needs.
• Performs additional job-related duties as assigned.
What you need to succeed
- Minimum Associate’s degree (AA) from a two-year college or technical school; or 1 year related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Must have minimum of five years’ experience in graphic arts/printing industry.
- Must have basic knowledge of and ability to perform platemaking.
- Must have demonstrated competency using Mac and PC computers.
- Must have proficient knowledge of and ability to perform color trapping in various programs.
- Must have superior knowledge of and ability to convert and manipulate multiple electronic file formats.
- Must have basic to intermediate skills in Word, Excel, FileMaker Pro, Illustrator, Photoshop, Script Editor/Apple Script, Java, and SymArt Pro and MediaBank (or equivalent asset management program).
- Must have proficient skills in MAC and Windows Operating System, Quark Xpress, InDesign, Adobe Acrobat/Distiller Prinergy, Creo VPS, Script Editor/Apple Script, Java, SymArt Pro, Nexus, and Neo.
- Must have excellent communication skills, including the demonstration of tact, sensitivity, and professionalism.
- Must have knowledge of printing terminology and practices.
- Must have knowledge of prepress software applications, file management, network utilizations and workflow and maintenance/troubleshooting.
- Must have knowledge of all major software applications including high end trapping program.
- Must have the ability to write, read and comprehend work instructions.
- Must be detailed oriented, willing to continuously improve, and work well with others.
- Must be able to respond to common inquiries or complaints from internal and external customers.
- Must be proficient in using the company’s prepress operating platform and demonstrated ability to learn new technology including new/upgraded software and hardware.
- Must be able to establish, maintain and retrieve permanent files.
- Must pass color vision test.
- Must pass color hue test.
- Must have the ability to meet and/or pass the minimum requirement on a mechanical test or have demonstrated mechanical aptitude through prior work experience.
- Must be able to maintain good attendance and willing to work overtime as needed.
- Must be able to perform basic arithmetic including addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division.
- Must be able to perform all essential functions of this job with or without reasonable accommodation.
What we offer
Corporate culture based on integrity, respect, accountability and excellence
Comprehensive training with numerous learning and development opportunities
An attractive salary reflecting skills, competencies and potential
A career with a global packaging company where Sustainability, Safety and Inclusion are business drivers and foundational elements of the daily work.
WestRock Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to creating and maintaining a diverse workforce: Minorities/Females/ Disabled/Veterans.
To Apply: https://www.jobg8.com/Traffic.aspx?3p15RJMVILz6X9EegGI1NAr