Commercial Loan Officer
Job ID: 2
Type: Regular Full-Time
# of Openings: 1
Summary: Originates and services a wide variety of business and individual loans, both secured and unsecured. Makes decisions on loans and terms within established lending limits or makes recommendations to a higher authority.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the following essential functions.
- Initiates contact with potential commercial accounts and solicits their relationship. Interviews applicants to develop information concerning their business, needs, desires, abilities and earnings to determine whether a loan may be an acceptable risk. Gives financial advice and counsel to customers and prospective customers.
- Inquires on existing commercial accounts, maintains relationships, cross-sells other bank products and services and solicits referrals for new commercial relationships. Develops new business and increase or retain existing business.
- Manages the entire banking relationship for a portfolio of commercial accounts.
- Collects information, analyzes, underwrites, approves/disapproves, negotiates terms and conditions, prepares credit proposals, recommends documentation and disbursement instructions for new and renewed loan requests.
- Monitors the performance of the borrower during the relationship, including payments, Borrowing Base Certificates, financial statements, tax returns, insurance.
- Maintains the integrity and quality of the loan portfolio. Performs collections, negotiates work-outs and refers accounts to collection attorneys as required. Keeps informed as to the status of loans within his/her portfolio and monitors them for compliance with terms.
- Coordinates with Loan Review and Credit Analysis Manager and the Senior Lender in establishing the risk rating for borrowers including recommendations for a downgrade outside of the review cycle.
- Ensures that information gathering, decision making, and loan monitoring are in compliance with all regulations.
- Has the ultimate responsibility for the maintenance and content of his/her credit files.
- Maintains a presence and promotes the Bank within the community. Serves on municipal committees and boards, as well as Boards of Directors of civic groups or private enterprises. Maintains membership in service clubs.
- Interacts with and provides information to executive officers and directors.
- Frequent local travel is required.
- All other reasonable duties as assigned.
Required Education and Experience:
- Excellent computer skills. Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite;
- Strong verbal and written communication skills;
- Excellent organizational skills;
- Extensive knowledge of financial statement analysis and regulations;
- Minimum 10 years lending experience;
- May be subject to SAFE Act Registration Requirements.
- Valid driver’s license and satisfactory driving record;
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration, finance, or accounting or equivalent work experience.
Preferred Education and Experience:
- Formal credit training;
Requirements for performing Essential Functions:
On the job, the employee may physically be required to bend, sit, use finger movements, and/or handle objects (manual dexterity). The position requires good eyesight and hearing, and frequent operation of a motorized vehicle. On the job the employee must mentally be able to read/comprehend, write, perform calculations, communicate orally, reason, analyze, and multi-task.
West Suburban Bank is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran.
To Apply: https://www.jobg8.com/ATSApply.aspx?VaWuLxZM3uACTqqe8x4Vpwg