Who are we?
Created in 1999, West Point is committed to providing innovative technical and business services to insurance carriers in the insurance industry. West Point Insurance services is a family owned organization and is part of the Jerger Family of companies that also includes American Traditions Insurance Company, TJ Jerger MGA, and Storm King Claims Services.
Why work with us?
At West Point Insurance Services, we are P&C industry veterans with a deep bench of testing, automation and BPO experience and expertise. We’ve earned a reputation for solving the most difficult system challenges by delivering customized software and business processing solutions on time and on budget.
As part of the Software Development Teams, we are responsible for the full suite of Insurance Products, from Policy Administration, Claims, Workflow Solutions, Analytics and more!
As a SaaS platform, we take pride in our ability to be nimble, fast and adapt quickly to the changes in the insurance industry, from regulatory changes to impacts from major storms, our software team is responsible for solving those complex carrier needs
We are a family-oriented organization committed to providing competitive compensation and benefit packages to our employees including:
- Medical, Dental, and Vision benefits starting day 1 of employment
- Multiple plans to choose from in order to fit your needs and the company pays 90% of the employee only premium for medical coverage
- 401k plan participation available the 1st quarter after hire with 100% match of 3% and then 50% on the next 2%…fully vested
- Generous PTO and paid holiday schedule
- 4 hours of paid volunteer time off per year
- Onsite workout facility
- Casual dress code (work appropriate)
What will you be doing?
• Participate fully in an Agile Team with the full software development life cycle including requirement analysis, planning, software design, development, testing and deployment
• Design, build and produce software solutions with support and guidance
• Perform software and data analysis to uncover issues to debug and correct software defects
• Run software tests, review results and perform root cause analyses to identify problems
• Identify, implement and support technical solutions to deliver business requirements
• Seek out new tools to analyze and solve problems.
• Continuous learning to become an effective cross-functional member of the development team
• Deliver high quality code through collaboration with the development team within the sprint timeline
• Providing support for go live schedules including.
The Technical Skills needed to be successful in this job.
• We write our newest code in
• ASP.NET, using the latest version of .NET Framework, and .NET Core in some areas.
• C#, using the MVC pattern and Razor Views
• We provide support for legacy software
• Classic ASP
• Visual Studio experience required, we are currently using VS2019 using Azure DevOps for Code and Work Management
• Selenium based automated testing
• We use SQL Server 2014 and above
The Ideal Candidate will possess:
• 3-5 years of programming experience
• Experienced in full lifecycle delivery
• Strong sense of ownership, urgency, and drive
• Ability to work well with people, be highly self-motivated and motivating to others
• Demonstrated ability to achieve stretch goals in a highly innovative and fast-paced environment
• Committed and passionate about delivering high-quality work
• Knowledge of hybrid cloud-based SaaS architectures
• The aptitude to independently learn new technologies
• Willingness to work flexible schedule including nights/weekends
• Good problem-solving skills
• Good verbal and written communications skills
• Knowledge of the P&C insurance industry a PLUS!!!
- Our offices are located in Pinellas Park, FL.
- Typical Office hours are 8:30-5:00pm Monday-Friday, but may require additional hours to meet project deadlines
West Point Insurance Services is an equal opportunity employer. All aspects of employment including the decision to hire, promote, discipline, or discharge, will be based on merit, competence, performance, and business needs. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law.
To Apply: https://www.jobg8.com/ATSApply.aspx?vtmutQ5sRZ7%2bmCcetS4CXwi