A new tab will open
Position Title: Form Carpenters and Form Carpenter Techs. – Columbia SC & Charleston SC areas
Location: Columbia, SC
Salary Interval: Salaried, Non Exempt
- Performs all the essential functions of a Building Group Apprentice
- Provides building materials to form carpenters (unless done by Apprentice).
- Uses hand, small power, and power actuated tools, as well as light power equipment, to measure and cut new/used lumber according to instructions from the form carpenter during the form building process.
- Erects appropriate scaffolding using hand tools.
- Assists carpenters with constructing and bracing concrete forms.
- Places panels and form units in position preparatory to assembling.
- Nails expansion joint material to walls or forms.
- “Gauge blocks” edge or wall forms to achieve alignment (i.e., plumb and “straightness”).
- Places and ties re-bar.
- Sets anchor bolts using string lines as per carpenter or foreman directions/settings.
- Rubs and repairs concrete surfaces as directed by carpenter or foreman.
- Removes shoring and braces from forms, dismantles and stacks them for storing/transport.
- Operates vibrator during foundation, column and wall pours. Places and finishes concrete in some of these same concrete pours.
- Mixes grout according to directions and grouts base-plates.
- Helps disassemble forms after the concrete has set-up.
- Assists form carpenters with other of their duties as directed.
- Helps keep work area clean at all times.
- Complies with all pertinent company, state, OSHA safety rules, regulations and guidelines.
- Reports any job site and/or WB employee related safety violations to appropriate supervisory personnel.
- Works as a safe and productive member of a construction crew/team.
- Perform all assigned roles, responsibilities, and related work processes/tasks in the safest possible manner. Ensure that a safe, accident/incident-free work environment is maintained for all co-workers, customers, clients, suppliers, etc. at all times.
Education and/or Experience
- GED – preferred
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required
- Performing assigned work tasks and processes in work teams
- Measuring and cutting wood, metal
- Communicating with co-workers and foreman
- Carrying out site safety and work-task plans
- Recognizing and correcting job site hazards
- Making task-level judgments and decisions
- Listening to and following directions
- Thinking logically and critically
- Seeing and interpreting details close up and far away
- Consistent focus on Safety, Quality, Production, and Innovation
- Outdoors – frequently
- Indoors – rarely
- Loud noise – frequently
- Temperatures – seasonal
- Personal Protective Equipment – at all times
- Multi-activity worksites – frequently
- Traveling/out of town – frequently
- 40 to 55-hour work week – frequently
- Heights and depths – frequently
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
- Valid driver’s license – Preferred
- OSHA – 10 Hour Certification – Preferred
- Powder actuated tool certification – Preferred
- WB Craft Training – Optional
- Lifting and carrying up to 50 pounds
- Frequent lifting, bending, kneeling and reaching
- Walking frequently
- Reaching above shoulder
- Standing for long periods of time
- Climbing ladders, working at heights, wearing/using fall protection harness
- Handling and assembling formwork
- Handling and installing concrete reinforcement materials
- Handling, placing, and finishing of concrete
Equal Opportunity Employer
Wayne Brothers, Inc is an Equal Employment Opportunity/ Affirmative Action Employer. Read our EEO/AAE policy.
To Apply: Click Here