Waste Management (WM), a Fortune 250 company, is the leading provider of comprehensive waste and environmental services in North America. We are strongly committed to a foundation of operating excellence, professionalism and financial strength. WM serves nearly 25 million customers in residential, commercial, industrial and municipal markets throughout North America through a network of collection operations, transfer stations, landfills, recycling facilities and waste-based energy production projects.
I. Job Summary
Responsible for the proper operation of the Leachate Management System (LMS) in accordance with regulatory and waste Management requirements.
II. Essential Duties and Responsibilities
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Other minor duties may be assigned.
- Coordinate daily activities of the leachate technician and work effectively with the technician to meet management’s expectations.
- Maintain and repair mechanical equipment, such as pumps, check valves, floats, level transducers, air compressors that are associated with the LMS.
- Work with various site contractors and consultants, as necessary, to improve the LMS.
- Use computer SCADA system for operation and troubleshooting of essential leachate management infrastructure.
- Perform inspections of the LMS and ensure timely completion of CYCLE (compliance) tasks.
- Monitor control panels to ensure proper operation of the LMS.
- Maintain records of LMS maintenance activities.
- Complete other duties as assigned by supervisor.
- Review LMS data (i.e. flow, alarms, sump depths, loadout volume) on a daily basis to ensure proper function of the system.
- Follow all safety rules and regulations.
- Troubleshoot and repair mechanical components associated with the LMS
- Experience in troubleshooting and repairing instrumentation systems
III. Supervisory Responsibilities
This job has no supervisory duties.
The requirements listed below are representative of the qualifications necessary to perform the job.
A. Education and Experience
- Education: High school diploma or G.E.D (accredited).
- Experience: Minimum of four (4) years previous experience (in addition to education requirements)
- Preferred Associates Degree
B. Certificates, Licenses, Registrations or Other Requirements
- None required.
C. Other Knowledge, Skills or Abilities Required
Listed below are key points regarding environmental demands and work environment of the job.
- Required to use motor coordination with finger dexterity (such as keyboarding, machine operation, etc)
- Required to exert physical effort in handling objects less than 30 pounds
- Required to be exposed to physical occupational risks
- Required to be exposed to physical environment which involves dirt, odors, noise, weather extremes or similar elements
- Normal setting for this job is: wastewater treatment plant at a Hazardous Waste facility
At Waste Management, each eligible employee receives a competitive total compensation package including Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance and Short Term Disability. As well as a Stock Purchase Plan, Company match on 401K, and more! Our employees also receive Paid Vacation, Holidays, and Personal Days. Please note that benefits may vary by site.
If this sounds like the opportunity that you have been looking for, please click “Apply.
To Apply: https://www.jobg8.com/ATSApply.aspx?PJ%2fpXUE5FTje3ST6a0UYOwz