Through 65 years of service, Walser Automotive Group has become a pioneer in the automotive industry. Walser’s progressive commitment to growth, technology and a differentiated customer experience has changed the car-buying journey. We don’t follow, we innovate and lead. Walser operates 27 dealerships and many affiliated businesses throughout Minnesota, Kansas, and Illinois. Walser also leads by example. We volunteer. We donate. Walser Foundation puts 5 percent of its pre-tax profits right back into the communities in which we proudly operate. That’s because we live here, too. Walser is a family-owned, family-run business that believes in work-life balance. Walser is committed to delivering an outstanding customer experience every time – that’s what drives us. That’s the Walser Way.
What You’ll Do
PROCESS EXCELLENCE – HR Innovator
Consistent evaluation of payroll process improvement areas to better and more efficiently pay employees
- Pay employees by directing the production and issuance of paychecks or electronic transfers to bank accounts: weekly, semi-monthly. Regular/Hourly/Union/Non-Union/Incentives
- Determine payroll liabilities by approving the calculation of employee federal and state income and social security taxes, and employer’s social security, unemployment, and workers compensation payments.
- Balance and audit the payroll accounts by resolving payroll discrepancies.
- Verify weekly time clock hours are correct, signed-off by managers, and authorized for Payroll (GM alignment)
- Maintain payroll guidelines by writing and updating policies and procedures.
- Comply with federal, state, and local legal requirements by studying existing and new legislation; enforcing adherence to requirements; advising management on needed actions.
- Proficient in year-end and annual reporting and ACA requirements: discrimination testing etc.
- Enter pertinent employee pay, deduction, benefits, and memo information into ADP
- Approve distribution of 401K withdrawal
- Proactively assess system and audit for exceptions weekly
SERVICE/SUPPORT – Progressive HR Business Partnership
Drive results through a strong focus on field support, HR partnership and a service orientation
- Respond to employees’ phone calls and emails regarding payroll questions
- Partner with HRIS administration to ensure integrity of employee data and reporting
- Ensure any employee status or job changes are reflected in pay data and collaborate with the HR Generalist team
- Build collaborative partnerships with key vendors i.e. ADP, Hierology, healthcare/MMA
- Accurately enter and code any bonus, incentive, or variable compensation for payroll processing
- Ensure security of all company and employee data
- Execute payroll deductions in union locations in compliance with CBA
- Work with HRIS team on consistent technology and reporting improvements to reduce error
LEADERSHIP – Servant Leadership
Relentless focus on serving others by teaching thus demonstrating commitment
- Manage, motivate and coach departmental staff for career and professional development
- Administer annual performance evaluations for staff with thoughtful feedback
- Ensure staff completes all required job duties in an accurate and timely manner, evaluating gaps in performance and training them
- Complete employee terminations based on policy violations with HR approval
- Manage schedule and performance of reports
- Coordinate with the Recruiting Department to interview and hire department staff (when need)
- Ensure that any employee relations issues or concerns are addressed and escalated to HR when necessary
- Monitor and assist in the implementation of company initiatives and legal compliance measures and ensure the communication of company news on a regular basis
- Embrace and exhibit CORE values
- All other duties, tasks and/or projects as assigned
What You’ll Get in Return
- Full Benefits Package
- 401k with Company Match
- Paid Parental Leave
- Progressive PTO Package
- The opportunity to volunteer through the Walser Foundation
What You’ll Bring
- Bachelor’s degree and 3+ years of payroll experience and/or equivalent work and education
- Previous management experience preferred, automotive experience a plus
- Previously part of a progressive HR department or supported one
- ADP payroll and GL experience preferred
- Must have a thorough understanding of computers and be proficient in Microsoft Office
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Advanced use of Excel
- Must be detail oriented
- Must be a self-starter with excellent time management skills (ability to meet deadlines)
- Ability to work well in a team environment
- Experience processing Union payroll a plus
We proudly operate on a set of Core Values which drive our decisions and actions on a daily basis. They are:
- Do The Right Thing – Nothing is worth compromising a relationship
- Lead By Example – Be willing to help no matter how difficult the challenge
- Display Positive Energy – A good attitude is highly contagious
- Be Open Minded – The only thing that is constant is change
Be You. Be Us. Be Walser.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the position. Walser Automotive Group is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBTQ+ employer.
To Apply: https://www.jobg8.com/Traffic.aspx?pPlOwfK%2fiLtqVYN7oV5cHQo