The Field Manager will schedule, coordinate and supervise subcontractor activities. Depending on project complexity, this may involve supervising all or several of the subcontractor trade groups (Mechanical, Electrical and Civil trades). Shares responsibility with the construction project manager for developing the project budget, actively participating in the preconstruction phase, and ensuring that the project is built safely, on time, and within budget. Focus is on exceeding customer expectations through the life of the project.
We want you to join our team.
Through industry-leading innovation our company has forged a legacy of quality and safety since our founding in 1916.
What we offer you:
- Career planning, development & growth
- Outstanding training programs
Why choose Walbridge:
- Large organization with award-winning projects, yet small enough for you to have an impact
- Strong values which are the foundation of our growth for over 100 years
- International, regional and local recognition for stand-out projects, safety, sustainability, culture, wellness and diversity practices
- Manage the large, complex stand-alone and/or multiple complex projects from initial planning to completion.
- Leads all aspects of the company’s safety culture and creates awareness by demonstrating commitment to an injury-free environment through individual actions and mentoring others. Investigates safety incidents and ensures corrective actions are implemented.
- Plan and supervise field staff along with validating method of construction, staffing levels, material quantities, equipment, site temporary facilities, work schedule and documenting project issues.
- Maintain communication with engineering, estimating, and scheduling to ensure work complies with drawings, specifications, contract, and schedule.
- Assist in resolving construction problems (lack of productivity, work interfaces, etc.) as required, including potential solutions (with appropriate approvals) and detailed recovery plans.
- In concert with the Project Manager, recognize and evaluate changes in scope.
- Conceptualize, document, and clearly communicate project site logistics, visual planning and sequencing for adherence to contractual requirements.
- Maintain liaison with other departments and organizations (i.e., Purchasing, Quality Control, Engineering, governing entities) to ensure all required materials, equipment, inspections, and the like, to support project activities and schedule.
- Mentor and train field personnel and help support and develop talent.
- High school diploma or equivalent. Professional industry training and experience.
- Minimum of 8 years supervisory experience in similar facility construction implementing technology, methods, equipment, tools and work procedures required.
- Understanding of Cx, cost control and ability to develop, manage, and push aggressive schedules.
- Full knowledge and understanding of all MEP processes involved in large data centers.
- Strong working knowledge of LOTO/Energy Management
- Ability to adapt to owner changes on the fly without affecting schedule end dates.
- Cost analysis comparison for assisting Project management for change orders.
- Advanced understanding of backup power and power distribution systems, including UPSs, switchgear, PDUs, transfer switches, and utility power.
- Advanced knowledge in One-line reading capabilities.
- Understanding of all electrical systems to include size up, costs, scheduling timeline, quality control focus points, system start-up, commissioning, troubleshooting, etc.
- The following skills /experiences are a plus:
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work on assignments that may require extended long-term temporary living arrangements or frequent travel to non-local job sites.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment and handle multiple tasks.
EEO/AA Employer M/F/D/V
Walbridge is an equal opportunity employer with a culture that promotes diversity in the workforce. We provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, religion, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, citizenship status, status as an individual with a disability, military, or protected veteran status or any other legally protected status. We prohibit discrimination in decisions concerning career development, recruitment, hiring, compensation, benefits, training, termination, promotions, or any other condition of employment.
To Apply: https://www.jobg8.com/ATSApply.aspx?WbJ4YEKIAfoX1Fz%2f9T%2bLTgc