Walbridge Southeast is a growing office and we are looking for a driven Estimator / Senior Estimator to help build the practice.
The Estimator / Senior Estimator will coordinate full estimating services effort, for all CSI divisions on large, complex work within Lump Sum, Design Build and Construction Management contractual formats from receipt of bid documents through Bid Day. We require an exceptional working relationships with project stake holders, attention to detail, desire to learn and improve, and a competitive spirit.
We want you to join our team.
Through industry-leading innovation our company has forged a legacy of quality and safety since our founding in 1916.
What we offer:
- Career planning, development & growth
- Industry-leading training programs
- Large organization with award-winning projects, yet small enough for you to have an impact
- Strong values which are the foundation of our growth for over 100 years
- International, regional and local recognition for stand-out projects, safety, sustainability, culture, wellness and diversity practices
- Review proposal specifications, drawings, attend pre-bid meetings, etc. to determine scope of work and required contents of estimate.
- Ability to develop and understand scope requirements and to issue subcontracts for heavy industrial “supporting” trades such as boilermaker, steel, concrete, piping and electrical work.
- Effectively delegate, manage tasks and oversee estimates.
- Identify competitive edge strategies and follow through to project award.
- Develop a project schedule from bid document information.
- Prepares cost estimates and bid documents for construction projects or services that are used by management in preparation of the bidding process.
- Ensure accuracy and completeness of estimate and proposals.
- Provide complete conceptual (or bid work) and final estimating input on complex projects.
- Price general conditions and manpower projections.
- Write proper scopes of work during bidding phase and upon award, engage in Subcontractor Proposal Review meetings, with ultimate responsibility of final evaluation and negotiation of Subcontracts.
- Obtain and evaluate comparative quotations for materials and sub-contractor services.
- Demonstrate a knowledge of contract structure, business law, insurance and bonding issues.
- Experience bidding Open, Closed and Merit shop work.
- Solid communicate skills.
- Schedule, run and effectively document meetings.
- Identify, review and communicate contractual requirements (Risk Factors, Schedule, Insurance, Bonding, Penalties, etc.) with supervisors and develop an action plan for the estimate and project construction.
- High School Diploma (or equivalent experience and training) with related college degree preferred.
- 2 or more years successfully estimating in Light/Heavy Industrial project experience or Commercial project experience
- Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Proficient computer application skills (Excel, Word, AutoCAD, MPP, Suretrak, etc.)
EEO/AA Employer M/F/D/V
Walbridge is an equal opportunity employer with a culture that promotes diversity in the workforce. We provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, religion, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, citizenship status, status as an individual with a disability, military, or protected veteran status or any other legally protected status. We prohibit discrimination in decisions concerning career development, recruitment, hiring, compensation, benefits, training, termination, promotions, or any other condition of employment.
To Apply: https://www.jobg8.com/ATSApply.aspx?39e3RcFOq6YPQKMcvft98Qd