Summary: Responsible charge of a 38 MGD water treatment facility including preventative and general maintenance, and oversight of water quality parameters. Consistently leads an assigned team to operate water treatment, processing, disposal and testing equipment in water treatment facility to purify water to meet permit requirements and operational requirements.
Schedule: Monday – Friday, 7:30 to 4:30 PM
In conjunction with supervisor, or in his/her absence, reviews daily team requirements. Oversees work assignments to ensure that schedules are met. May recommend changes to schedule to optimize production and/or reduce costs. Ensures that labor reporting is accurate and balances with labor tracking system. Provides feedback to Supervisor on labor, material and equipment demands needed to achieve schedule.
Monitors work assignments and ensures that team members are meeting or exceeding production and quality standards. Coaches and trains team members to increase skill level and to improve productivity, safety, quality and processes in a cost effective manner. Trains team members to troubleshoot and resolve problems.
Provides technical guidance, troubleshoots, resolves or coordinates resolution of technical issues/problems on a pro-active basis. Models and teaches finding cost effective solutions to tasks.
Prepares work orders either manually or from a Computer Maintenance Management System as required and prepares work related reports, procurement requisitions, charts, graphs and data submittal requirements in an accurate and timely manner.
Models safe work practices and provides leadership in achieving safety goals. May assist with safety training. Ensures that safety awareness is on going, that good housekeeping is practiced and that environmental and safety regulatory requirements are met. Reports potential problems to supervisor on a timely basis.
- High School education or equivalent with the ability to read, write and comprehend English(operational, process, safety and quality instructions). Must have the ability to perform basic math equations. Associate’s degree in a science or technical area strongly preferred.
- Minimum of a CT Water Class 4 Operator License required, or equal level of other state with ability to transfer through reciprocity.
- Valid drivers license with safe driving record, ability to work from and climb ladders, ability to perform tasks standing (25%), walking (75%).
- Demonstrates ability to mentor, coach and train others to identify cost effective solutions.
- Must demonstrate ability to efficiently operate all equipment in facility which may include pumps, engines, centrifuge, generators, valves, gates, mixers, conveyors, blowers, dryers, chemical feed, odor control, disinfection equipment, vacuum filters, belt presses and measuring devices, testing equipment, material handling equipment.
- Work positions including climbing stairs, squatting, working with hands extended above head 18″ and 30″ in front of body.
- Ability to lift and carry 60 lbs while walking distances of 10 feet.
- Must demonstrate working ability to use computer programs to include SCADA for process control.
- This position requires working inside and outside environments with noise and all temperature and climactic conditions, must be able to work under adverse weather conditions for extended periods of time.
- This position requires working knowledge of methods, techniques, principals and practices of wastewater treatment, as acquired through 5 years of experience.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
To Apply: https://www.jobg8.com/Traffic.aspx?fmcGIC3YIQSy%2fEijlcguWAw