28800 Ida St Valley Nebraska 68
Welcome to Valmont, where a world of opportunity awaits. When you join our team, you become part of a passionate group dedicated to changing lives and conserving resources around the globe. We want problem solvers who roll up their sleeves to foster progress and innovation for all people. At Valmont, we provide infrastructure, irrigation, tubing and coatings to the world. We strengthen cities. We nourish croplands. We design, manufacture and coat. Our products and services make a difference. Join us, and BUILD YOUR WORLD.
This Individual Contributor role will be based in Farmington, New Mexico.
A Brief Summary of This Position:
The Irrigation Technician will provide agricultural services to new and existing growers in the areas of irrigation scheduling, water budgeting, in-field water management strategies, soil moisture monitoring, variable rate irrigation scheduling designs, prescriptions and adjustments. The incumbent will also provide troubleshooting in technical issues and general agronomy consulting for soil and crop practices. The incumbent will also conduct field inspections for soil moisture content, provide assistance to enhance the end users crops and soil. Incumbent will work with new business, service existing customers, and key national accounts. The Irrigation Technician will participate in various marketing opportunities representing CES.
- Conducting field inspections for soil moisture content and verify water distribution effectiveness
- Participate in development of methodology for implantation of grower soil moisture programs
- Provide recommendations regarding selection of soil moisture equipment and monitoring software
- Provide professional customer service to existing and new customers
- Provide troubleshooting and resolution to technical issues
- Analyze In-Field water management strategies and moisture monitoring data
- Utilize variable rate irrigation scheduling designs, prescriptions and adjustments to maximize customer results
- Participate in irrigation schedule and water budgeting projects
- Actively participate in marketing shows, technical presentations and opportunities to attract new or enhance existing business
- This position reports into the Principal Scientist and does not have any direct or indirect reports
- This role requires up to 50% travel domestically, including overnight stays
Required Qualifications of Every Candidate (Education, Experience, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities):
- Bachelor’s degree with 3+ years of experience or Associates degree with 5+ years of experience or 7+ years of relevant experience
- One year of irrigation scheduling, irrigation management, or other relevant experience
- Basic knowledge of soils and crops
- Ability to effectively solve problems and make decisions
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office, Internet Browsers such as Google Chrome
- Valid US driver’s license
- Ability to travel up to 50% of time
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to organize and manage multiple, simultaneous priorities
Highly Qualified Candidates Will Also Possess These Qualifications:
- Master’s degree in Agronomy, Soil Science or other field related to production agriculture
- Three years’ experience in consulting for crop and soil management and monitoring
- Experience with regulations pertaining to irrigation and nutrient management and reporting
- Crop Advisor certification
- Knowledge in soil mapping, irrigation and drainage, environmental sampling, analysis, monitoring and reporting, soil fertility, and/or nutrient cycling.
- Proficient in Spanish and English language
- Business management and technical staff supervision experience
Working Environment and Physical Efforts:
The majority of duties will be performed outside in an agricultural field environment. The incumbent will be traveling to customer and dealer sites which may contain uneven and rough terrain in weather conditions, including heat, cold, and temperature swing, for extended period of time. While performing the functions of this position, the incumbent will be exposed to heavy equipment and moving mechanical parts. There will be duties that will be complete in an office environment. Environment is fast paced and demanding most of the time. Travel will be required for this position. The employee frequently is required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms while working in the fields and the office. Incumbent must utilize proper PPE as well as ergonomic safeguards such as monitor height and positions, keyboard location and height and proper wrists rests. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 40 pounds in working in the fields with customers and dealers. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, and depth perception.
Valmont does not discriminate against any employee or applicant in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, veteran status, disability or any other characteristic protected by law. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
If you have a disability and require any assistance in filling out the application for employment email .
To Apply: https://www.jobg8.com/Traffic.aspx?PugskSDsdHMxz3oace0Vwwl