1381 Hwy 17 North Fort Meade Florida 33841
Welcome to Valmont, where a world of opportunity awaits. When you join our team, you become part of a passionate group dedicated to changing lives and conserving resources around the globe. We want problem solvers who roll up their sleeves to foster progress and innovation for all people. At Valmont, we provide infrastructure, irrigation, tubing and coatings to the world. We strengthen cities. We nourish croplands. We design, manufacture and coat. Our products and services make a difference. Join us, and BUILD YOUR WORLD.
FINISHER- Fixer /Spun Cast Concrete
Fort Mead, Florida
A Brief Summary of This Position:
The Finisher – Fixer/Spun Cast Concrete prepares finished product to customer specification for storage and shipment; set up rigging for shipment of finished product.
- Knowledge of the technological instructions for the production of spun cast concrete poles
- Knowledge of the assortment of the spun cast concrete poles
- Correct use of the provisions contained in the specification / technical documentation
- Cooperation with operators of the lubrication station, g r o up r e i n fo r c e ment t en s i o n s ta n d and operators of overhead cranes
- Constant control of the correctness of fixing the pre-stressing steel bars on the spire
- Checking the correct positioning and fixing of the reinforcement basket in the mold
- Perform all activities on the stand fairly and with commitment
- Constant control of technical condition of devices and tools
- Compliance with the general OHS and fire safety instructions and a station instruction
- Follow the instructions of superiors and management
- Maintaining order in your workplace
- Basic knowledge about the FPC system
Other Important Details about the Role:
- This position reports to the Plant Supervisor and has no direct reports or indirect reports
- Must have a high awareness for the safety of other employees and machines used in the production area.
- Ability to understand and follow both written and verbal instructions
- Participate in LEAN and 5S projects, as well as keep immediate production area clean
- The ability to communicate and interact with coworkers in a professional manner
- The ability to pay attention to detail and follow work instructions
- The ability to work overtime as needed
- The ability to work in extreme temperatures with exposure irritating particulates
- The ability to recognize and solve practical problems
Required Qualifications of Every Candidate (Education, Experience, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities):
- Basic education
- Ability to read executive documentation of poles
- Ability to work in a team
- Communication skills
- Manual skills in using tools for binding reinforcements
- Current medical examination
Highly Qualified Candidates Will Also Posses These Preferred Qualifications
- Vocational or secondary education towards concreter / steel fixer
- Experience in the manual making of armaments
- Knowledge of the use of the dimension saw of pre-stressing steel
- Authorization to operate a davit (up to 250kg)
- Rights to operate a forklift
- Authorizations to operate cranes from the “0” level
- Experience in working in a similar prefabrication plant
Working Environment and Physical Efforts:
- Work on the production floor, mainly standing and walking position
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or protected veteran status. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Valmont does not discriminate against any employee or applicant in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, veteran status, disability or any other characteristic protected by law. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
If you have a disability and require any assistance in filling out the application for employment email .
To Apply: https://www.jobg8.com/Traffic.aspx?PX1Bk6OrfYQqNTnXwwgF6Ap