A new tab will open
USE Credit Union
Job ID 2
Job Locations US-CA-San Diego
Category Information Technology
Type Regular Full-Time
More information about this job
Are you Service-Driven and Innovative? USE’s Information Technology team is the perfect place for you! As SVP, Cheif Information Officer, you’ll have the chance to lead our team of innovators, technologists, and developers towards creating solutions. Become part of a team that is key in developing, implementing and operating information technology systems that ensures USECU has robust cybersecurity infrastructure to minimize risk to the institution. Do you have what it takes?
Strategy & Planning
- Participates in strategic and operational governance processes of the organization as a member of the executive team.
- Monitors emerging trends in the financial services industry and adjacent industries and identifies potential innovative solutions and services for members and business intelligence tools.
- Understands the strategic direction of the Credit Union by partnering with functional business leaders to ensure alignment of our IT strategic roadmap with the growth needs of the business units.
- Works closely with the President/CEO; develops strategic plans, reviews reports; organizes plans and makes recommendations for major information technology projects involving functional changes within the Credit Union and budgets.
- Formally submits information technology recommendations, assists in hardware and software selection, reviews vendor agreements and conducts contract negotiations, etc.; may serve on other committees as required.
- Keeps current with trends and issues in the IT industry, including current technologies and prices. Advises, counsels, and educates executives and management on their strategic, competitive or financial impact.
- Promotes and oversees strategic relationships between IT external entities, including vendors, and partner organizations.
- Leads IT strategic and operational planning to achieve business goals by fostering innovation, prioritizing IT initiatives, and coordinating the evaluation, deployment, and management of current and future IT systems across the organization.
- Acts as an advocate for the organization’s IT vision via regular written and in person communications with the organization’s executives, department heads and end users.
- Identifies opportunities for the appropriate and cost-effective investment of financial resources in IT systems and resources, including staffing, sourcing, purchasing and in-house development.
Business Continuity & Cybersecurity
- Participates in the governance and operational processes surrounding the organization’s information and cyber security.
- Directs development and execution of an enterprise-wide disaster recovery and Business Continuity Planning.
- Assesses, monitors and communicates risks associated with IT investments.
- Ensures IT system operations adhere to applicable laws and regulations.
- Establishes lines of control for current and proposed information systems.
Planning & Execution
- Develops, tracks, and controls the information technology annual operating and capital budgets.
- Partners, collaborates and consults with stakeholders to define systems requirement for new business unit technology implementations.
- Develops business case justifications and cost/benefit analyses for IT investments, and initiatives. Measures return on investment to ensure achievement of defined outcomes.
- Defines and communicates plans, policies, and standards for the organization for selecting, acquiring, implementing, and operating IT systems.
- Instills a culture of service and responsiveness by ensuring continuous delivery of IT services through oversight of service level agreements with end users and monitoring of IT systems performance.
- Approves, prioritizes, and controls projects and the project portfolio as they relate to the selection, acquisition, development, and installation of major information systems.
- Reviews hardware and software acquisition and maintenance contracts and pursues master agreements to capitalize on economies of scale.
People & Organizational Management
- Extensive leadership and management skills are required with a focus on creating a high performing team.
- Model USE Credit Union’s cultural values, leadership competencies, providing guidance and motivating others to work well together in accomplishing the team’s purpose and objectives.
- Develop a culture that promotes high engagement for all employees.
- Ensure goals are well understood, creating a collaborative environment, building confidence & trust, and creating cooperation amongst team members in achieving goals.
- Select and retain talent with skills, abilities and behaviors that focus on results while cultivating the Credit Union’s culture.
- Improve and reinforce performance in others and develop talent for critical positions and/or future leadership roles.
- Manages directly two or more management positions and at least 10 indirect reports plus vendor partners.
- Four-year university degree in the field of computer science or business administration.
- Master’s degree in one of these fields preferred with extended strategic leadership experience in IT.
- Ten years of experience managing and/or directing an IT operation.
- Fifteen years of current experience working in the IT industry.
- Extensive experience in strategic planning and execution.
- Proven experience in IT planning, organization, and development.
- Substantial exposure to data processing, hardware platforms, enterprise software applications, and outsourced systems.
- Good understanding of computer systems characteristics, features, and integration capabilities.
- Experience with systems design and development from business requirements analysis through to day-to-day management.
- In-depth knowledge of applicable laws and regulations as they relate to IT.
- Excellent understanding of project management principles.
- Superior analytical, evaluative, and problem-solving abilities.
- Ability to set and manage priorities judiciously.
- Proven leadership ability.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills. Ability to present ideas in business-friendly and user-friendly language.
- Ability to motivate in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
- Strong understanding of human resource management principles, practices, and procedures.
- Exceptionally self-motivated and directed.
- Keen attention to detail.
- Exceptional service orientation.
University and State Employees Credit Union is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
To Apply: Click Here