A new tab will open
USE Credit Union
Job ID 2
Job Locations US-CA-San Diego
Category Real Estate
Type Regular Full-Time
More information about this job
Are you Service-Driven and Detail Oriented? Do you thrive in a fast-paced environment? USE’s Real Estate Department is the perfect place for you! As a Real Estate Underwriter, you’ll have the chance to create an effortless member expereince and help members achieve their dreams. Become part of a team that is key in delivering extraordinary experiences. Do you have what it takes?
- Underwrite real estate (1st and 2nd Trust Deed) loan applications according to credit union and secondary marketing lending standards; along with state and federal regulations.
- Proficiently maintain an underwriting pipeline of an average of 25-30 loans per month. Of this average pipeline, a minimum of 50% of the pipeline should fund monthly.
- Knowledge of RESPA and TRID guidelines.
- Proficient with credit union’s conventional and non-conventional loan products
Ensure completeness and accuracy of all loans prior to loan moving to closing for final document preparation.
- Verify all required loan documentation to satisfy underwriting findings in accordance with credit union, FNMA and secondary market guidelines.
- Review and approve various file components including flood, credit report supplements, deposit statements, income verification and demands.
- Review and approve preliminary title report, escrow instructions and purchase contracts.
Verify and approve all loan level price adjustments.
- Review, and approve all types of income verification to include: wage earners, paystubs, Schedule C, corporate and rental income, etc.
- Approve loan salability for secondary market investors.
Ensure loan approvals adhere to property type, occupancy, loan to value and loan amount guideline established by FNMA, USE Credit Union and secondary market guidelines.
- Must also be able to understand the levels of risk associated with mortgage loans, and be able to restructure loan applications as needed to reduce risk to credit union.
- Render credit decisions in a fair and impartial manner to the best of his or her ability.
- Review, Approve and Perform in depth analysis of all appraisal reports, to ensure reports meet all conventional secondary market requirements.
- Maintain strong working knowledge of current investor underwriting requirements, to include Fannie Mae, mortgage insurance companies, and other investors as business is developed.
- Perform underwriting tasks within the assigned service level agreements for position.
- Establish and maintain good working relationships with team members and retail network.
- Bachelor’s degree (B. A.) from four-year College or University; or equivalent experience related to job experience.
- Minimum 5 years recent experience underwriting conventional mortgages with a direct lender, mortgage insurance company or mortgage broker.
- Conventional full document underwriter required.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
- Bilingual in Spanish a plus.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- To perform this job, the employee must possess applicable technology skills and demonstrated expertise. Possess applicable technology skills and demonstrated competency.
- Keyboarding skills of 35 words per minute, along with experience with Windows based loan origination system (Point, Encompass, and D+ H), and Loan Document Preparation Systems (DocMagic).
- Experience with Microsoft office applications (excel and word), as well as the ability to learn new applications quickly; requires general knowledge of network and database use.
- Completion of registration with the NMLS (National Mortgage Licensing Registry) including a satisfactory result from a Federal – Level background check is required.
- California Real Estate License or government certificate program desirable.
- To perform this job, the employee must possess strong interpersonal skills, good phone and e-mail etiquette, a professional presentation, and a high degree of personal initiative.
- They must exhibit the following characteristics: honesty, integrity, stress tolerance, adaptability, patience, initiative, persuasiveness, resilience and enthusiasm. They must be goal driven and results focused.
University and State Employees Credit Union is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
To Apply: Click Here