As a General Surgeon and Officer in the Navy Medical Corps reserves, you will help lead the highly respected Navy healthcare team as you provide high-quality medical care for Sailors, Marines, servicemembers, their families and, when called upon, humanity at large. You will handle everything a typical physician does, like diagnosing ailments, treating injuries and saving lives. You’ll also have the opportunity to move beyond routine:
- Work at the best military medical facilities on shore, at sea and in the field
- Join with top health-care professionals on the highly valued Navy healthcare team
- Collaborate with fellow military doctors and other healthcare officers, and partner with International Relief Teams and organizations, such as FEMA, USAID and Project Hope
- Operate as a leader within your focus area and get exposure outside your specialty
- Gain management experience that will serve you well throughout your career
Serving part-time as a Reservist, your duties will be carried out during your scheduled drilling and training periods. During monthly drilling, Physicians in the Navy Reserve typically work at a location close to their homes. This gives you the flexibility to expand your medical experience in the Navy without compromising your civilian practice at home.
For annual training, physicians may serve anywhere in the world, whether at sea, in hospitals stateside, or in bases and camps in countries around the world.
Navy Physicians attend to servicemembers and their families in much the same way a civilian doctor would. They typically enjoy an accelerated career track, with opportunities to take part in humanitarian relief efforts stateside and around the world. They work at top military medical facilities and are privy to advanced training and technology so progressive, the civilian world may not be aware of it yet.
Navy healthcare offers the ability to focus on the finer points of medicine without the financial and business complications of a private practice. Start-up costs, malpractice insurance, staffing, equipment and office management don’t exist for Navy physicians.
Navy Physicians also:
- Earn excellent compensation in an established, thriving practice
- Experience manageable patient ratios for high-quality, one-on-one care
- Receive hands-on experience and Navy-funded advanced training
- Enjoy a flexible schedule that leaves more time for family and personal pursuits.
To Apply: https://www.jobg8.com/Traffic.aspx?PJ%2fpXUE5FThRf6cp26hDHAz