The Positive Youth Development Extension Educator is an integral part of the UW-Madison Division of Extension and works alongside the people of Wisconsin to improve lives and communities. Extension serves the people and communities of Wisconsin by addressing local, statewide and national issues, improving lives through research-based education, fostering partnerships and action, and facilitating positive impacts.
Our educators deliver education where people live and work, in schools and communities. Extension educators also work with civic groups and local governments, write newspaper columns, conduct radio and TV programs, facilitate meetings and build coalitions to solve community problems. This is done through assessment of local, regional and statewide needs in the area of the positions programmatic emphasis and designing, delivering, and evaluating research-based educational programming and services to meet these needs.
This position is a part of the Division of Extension, Positive Youth Development Institute. The Institute supports programs that contribute to the development of children, youth, and emerging adults who are healthy and productive, and who make a positive contribution to their communities.
This dynamic position has an emphasis in the Community Youth Development Program including:
– Positive youth development issued based programming focused on reaching underserved and underrepresented audiences;
– Providing leadership and support for Youth In Governance, and other youth/adult partnership programming creating space for youth voice and action;
– Building community capacity to address issues that affect youth such as career and education pathways, racial equity, justice-involved families and restorative justice approaches, and promoting physical, social and emotional health; and
– Linking to university resources or directly providing youth development education and training to youth-serving organizations including the 4-H program.
The ideal candidate is adept at building and maintaining trust-based relationships, engaging stakeholders and applying an equity lens towards transforming lives and communities. As such, we strongly encourage applications from candidates who foster and promote the values of diversity and inclusion.
Degree and Area of Specialization:
Bachelors degree in a field relevant to the programmatic responsibilities of the position such as education, youth development, community development, sociology, psychology, communications required. Masters degree preferred.
Minimum Years and Type of Relevant Work Experience
1. At least 2 years of relevant work experience in the area of programming and service delivery;
2. Demonstrated strong interpersonal and communication skills that contribute to positive and productive workplace relationships and effective partnerships;
3. Demonstrated use of problem-solving skills to successfully address complex issues;
4. Ability to communicate effectively using a variety of methods and technology;
5. Ability to effectively work with people from different cultural backgrounds, including those associated with race, ethnicity, national origin, religion, socioeconomic status, age, gender, disability, sexual orientation, and other aspects of human diversity
6. Experience managing multiple tasks, timelines, and schedules while maintaining high quality
1. Demonstrated skill in interpreting, utilizing, and applying evidence-based information and research findings;
2. Bilingual, especially with proficiency in both English and Spanish;
3. Demonstrated success in developing, delivering, and evaluating educational programs for diverse audiences utilizing a variety of educational techniques, methods, and modes;
4. Experience working in urban neighborhoods and communities with diverse cultural backgrounds such as African American and Latinx; and
5. Demonstrated experience developing effective partnerships or coalitions with community partners and local governments.
Application deadline is January 25, 2021
UW-Madison is an affirmative action/ equal employment employer and we encourage women, minorities, veterans and people with disabilities to apply.
Associated topics: chinese, esl, italian, language, master of theology, pedagogy, public relations, school of humanities, spanish, writing
To Apply: https://www.jobg8.com/Traffic.aspx?ywVuF6XeMb%2bH1r6f1mJeQQm