A new tab will open
Under the supervision of the Nurse Manager and Health Center Director, the Medical Assistant provides basic patient care in a community health center setting. Working with health care providers and other health center employees, the Medical Assistant is an integral part of the patient care team. The Medical Assistant is directly responsible for, but not limited to, initiating medical history, vital signs, height, weight, preparing patients for examination, reporting special problems or complaints to providers, assist in making appropriate health center/referral appointments for patients, and assist with follow up of missed appointments.
MAJOR DUTIES/ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
Essential and other important responsibilities and duties may include, but are not limited to the following:
· Maintains patient and Electronic Health Record (EHR) confidentiality.
· Prepares patient and EHR for provider visit, reports special problems or complaints to the provider, and assists during exam as needed.
· Accurately performs and documents basic vital signs, height, weight, chief complaint, and initiates appropriate medical and social history for adult and pediatric patients.
· Performs routine lab and patient intake procedures (i.e. standing orders, urine dipsticks, phlebotomy, finger/heel sticks, injections/immunizations, and EKG).
· Maintains proper cleanliness and organization of office and medical areas including proactively restocking supplies and Family Planning resource center as needed.
· Executes Pre-Visit Planning for Primary Provider and Patient -Centered Medical Home (PCMH) team.
· Regularly provides basic chronic disease health education to patients as necessary.
· Assists with processing appropriate referrals and appointments for patients, obtaining authorizations as needed, and follows up to determine if appointments were kept as scheduled.
· Communicates and assists in effective discharge of the patient.
· Maintain all logs and required checks (i.e. refrigerator temperatures, eye wash stations, oxygen, autoclave fluid change and spore testing, etc.)
· Maintain surgical instruments, clean and prepare sterilization as required.
· Demonstrates appropriate customer service with internal and external customers.
· Follows Universal Precautions and Unity Health Care policies and procedures.
· Performs other duties as assigned.
· High school diploma or GED.
· Graduate of accredited Medical Assistant program with diploma.
· Certified Clinical Medical Assistant certification preferred.
· Current BLS + AED CPR certification.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
· Effective and professional communication and interpersonal skills with internal and external customers.
· Willingness to articulate Unity’s mission through his/her work.
If you are interested in this opportunity, please contact me via email at or call me .
To Apply: Click Here