A new tab will open
The purpose of EH at Unity is to (1) provide a safe and healthy work environment, (2) assist employees with maintaining optimum health and efficiency in their position, and 3) assist employees with managing their own health and well-being. The Employee Health Nurse will be an integral part of the onboarding process for new employees as well as monitoring of employee health compliance for the organization.
MAJOR DUTIES/ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
Essential and other important responsibilities and duties may include, but are not limited to the following:
· Promote the mission, vision, and values of the organization.
· Will be required to establish standard methods of care, utilizing evidence based practice and best practice standards.
· Will be required to establish and implement infection control and employee health orientation programs, alongside the departmental leadership throughout the organization.
· Evaluates effectiveness of the Infection Prevention and Control Plan annually.
· Will use the application of the nursing process in assessment, planning, implementing and evaluating employees’ care.
· Responsible for policies and procedures within the organization related to infection control and employee health.
· Oversees the scheduling and recordkeeping for CPR, Health Saver and BLS requirements as specified in an employee’s job description.
· Coordinates the development and implementation of all employee health initiatives and programs.
· Works with employee benefits on wellness and well-being programs.
· Conducts workplace wellness education as needed.
· Will be responsible for all pre-employment testing and vaccination processes, annual N95/TB/ Influenza testing and/or vaccinations, and the management of potential blood exposures, employee illnesses and disease outbreaks.
· Responsible for OSHA illness and injury reporting as well as all other compliance requirements.
· Responsible for coordinating the infection control program which includes surveillance; analysis of data; developing reports, policies and procedures.
· Provides consultation and education to staff, physicians and community leaders in respect to Infection Prevention & Control.
· Provides for and respects the employee’s privacy and confidentiality.
· Maintains confidential employee health records.
· Documents all pertinent information appropriately.
· Notifies appropriate persons promptly of unusual reactions and changes in conditions.
· Provides guidance for maintaining a clean and safe environment at all Unity Healthcare sites.
· Ability to establish communication with appropriate resources in response to emergency situations.
· Oversees the worker’s compensation program.
· Recommends workplace accommodations.
· Monitors EH requirements related to credentialing and re-credentialing.
· Provides consultation and recommendations on maintaining the health and well-being of employees.
· Maintain and updates the EH system as needed.
· Performs other duties as required.
· Bachelor’s Degree in Nursing (BSN) from an accredited college or university.
· Active DC RN License.
- Two (2) years of employee health or occupational health experience in employee health clinic, infectious disease or internal medicine clinic.
- COHN is preferred.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
· Demonstrated ability to effectively work and communicate with diverse populations.
· Familiar with an employee health system.
- Knowledge of current literature applicable to occupational health.
- Knowledge and experience documenting patient care in an electronic medical record.
- Excellent verbal, written, and presentation skills.
- Ability to make appropriate clinical assessments and judgments.
- Ability to educate staff.
- Ability to provide counseling and emotional support with compassion and respect for the individual.
· Demonstrated proficiency with business software (e.g. Microsoft Office Suite).
The position reports to the Vice President of Employee Experience and Engagement
To Apply: Click Here