Product Director, Level2 – Minneapolis, MN
Level2 is a healthcare start-up that is building the next generation of virtual care for individuals with chronic conditions including Type 2 diabetes. This new business is dedicated to empowering patients to manage and achieve remission of their condition through an end-to-end virtual care offering. As an employee of this new business, you can expect to be a part of a dynamic organization that is fast-paced and driven by our vision to change the way healthcare is delivered for millions of individuals nationwide.
As the Product Director, you will be tasked with building a product line as part of a holistic solution that manages and addresses the root causes of chronic diseases. You will be responsible for owning a product line, crafting a shared vision of product strategy with the leadership team, developing a supporting product roadmap and working with key internal and external constituents to realize defined objectives. Your overarching focus will be on launching, marketing, and managing this new product – with a relentless focus on balancing and creating value for all constituents. The Product Director reports to the Vice President of Product.
- Work with executive leadership to develop product strategy; create and drive resulting product roadmap with key metrics
- Manage a P&L with accountability for driving medical cost savings through product line
- Translate product strategy into tactics and action items the organization can execute against with key milestones, responsibilities and defined dates
- Identify partners and business opportunities that will enhance the product offering
- Define and manage the product roadmap, setting and continuously managing the right expectations with all relevant program management, technology, legal, and other internal teams to execute your roadmap
- Oversee and own the overall execution of product features
- Establish and analyze key metrics to help make product decisions
- Provide voice of the customer feedback to the organization (i.e., patients, providers, payers)
- As necessary, own a development team’s priorities and supply them with use cases, business requirements, and personas that reflect constituent expectations and needs and current clinical evidence and best practices
- Guide the creative team in the development and testing of a compelling user experience in service of creating highly-relevant just-in-time interventions
- Stay on top of all relevant health management and consumer technology trends, competitors, and market offerings
- Ensure legal and regulatory compliance in a healthcare environment that includes highly-sensitive Personal Health Information
- Realized medical cost savings on a product line
- Execution of product roadmap and defined milestones
- Alignment of product roadmap to business performance metrics
- Reporting aligned to constituent value levers and messaging
- Responsiveness of product features/offering to constituent demands
- Ability to think strategically and execute methodically
- Strong interpersonal, communication and management skills
- Strong analytical, project management and problem-solving skills
- Ability to think creatively and comfort being hands-on in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment
- High attention to detail including ability to manage multiple, competing priorities simultaneously
- Willingness to roll up your sleeves and do whatever is necessary; general manager / owner mentality
You’ll be rewarded andrecognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you andgive you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well asprovide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Bachelor’s degree required
- 4+ years of experience with product strategy
- 2 years’ experience in product development and management
- 2 years’ experience demonstrated ability to use hard data and metrics to back up assumptions and develop business cases that can be clearly and easily communicated
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills including MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint skills
- You will be asked to perform this role in an office setting located in Minneapolis, MN.
- Employees are required to screen for symptoms using the ProtectWell mobile app, Interactive Voice Response (i.e., entering your symptoms via phone system) or a similar UnitedHealth Group-approved symptom screener prior to entering the work site each day, in order to keep our work sites safe. Employees must comply with any state and local masking orders. In addition, when in a UnitedHealth Group building, employees are expected to wear a mask in areas where physical distancing cannot be attained.
- MBA or equivalent
- 2 years’ experience leading the concept creation, technical development, and launch of consumer facing products
- Experience working alongside physicians and other clinical experts
- Experience building apps
- Familiarity with common product development tools and concepts (i.e. wire framing, prototyping, A/B testing and agile development methods)
- Demonstrated ability to understand and discuss technical concepts, schedule tradeoffs and opportunistic new ideas with technical and non-technical employees
- Demonstrated ability to work within a highly regulated environment, preferably healthcare
UnitedHealth Group is an essential business. The health and safety of our team members is our highest priority, so we are taking a science driven approach to slowly welcome and transition some of our workforce back to the office with many safety protocols in place. We continue to monitor and assess before we confirm the return of each wave, paying specific attention to geography-specific trends. We have taken steps to ensure the safety of our 325,000 team members and their families, providing them with resources and support as they continue to serve the members, patients and customers who depend on us.
Some of the steps we’ve taken to ensure employee well-being include:
- Launched our ProtectWell app and UnitedCARES program to help ease the burden and stress for our UnitedHealth Group team members and their immediate family affected by COVID-19
- Daily updates from our CEO Dave Wichmann to support and inspire team members during this challenging time
- Onsite social distancing and increased sanitization measures for employees who have been welcomed back to our offices
- Fully cover the COVID-19 healthcare costs for our employees
- Employees who self-identify as high risk or who live with someone who is high risk have been asked to remain working from home
You can learn more about all we are doing to fight COVID-19 and support impacted communities at: click here .
What we do defines who we are. Take a deeper look at how we’re providing support during this global health crisis and search for a way you can get involved. View our COVID-19 Resources Page: click here .
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: Level2, product director, Minneapolis, MN, Minnesota, hiring immediately
To Apply: https://www.jobg8.com/Traffic.aspx?PX1Bk6OrfYRKyz6CHINGEwp