Are you looking for meaningful work? Are you passionate about making a difference? If so, then UCPLA is the company for you! When you join UCPLA, you help us promote independence for adults with developmental and intellectual disabilities. We offer competitive starting salaries and benefits to full-time staff: Health, Dental, Vision, and Life Insurance, Life Assistance Program, Flexible Spending Account (FSA), Paid Holidays, Vacation Benefits, Paid Sick Leave, Paid Bereavement Leave, Credit Union Benefits and Discounts, Referral Bonus Plan, and Retirement Plan.
United Cerebral Palsy of Los Angeles, Ventura & Santa Barbara Counties (UCPLA) is hiring a House Manager who will oversee day-to-day operational functions of our group home and will work closely with the Administrator, Qualified Intellectual Disabilities Professional (QIDP), and nursing staff to assure quality resident care. As a House Manager, you supervise staff and manage their selection, training, development, scheduling, and disciplinary action. Our House Managers have the unique opportunity to build a rewarding career and to develop caring relationships with our residents.
Schedule: 2:30 PM to 11:00 PM, Five (5) days per work week, including Weekends and Holidays
- Assist Qualified Intellectual Disabilities Professional (QIDP) with instructing staff on how to carry out active treatments and training objectives identified in each resident’s Individualized Service Plan (ISP)
- Assign and supervise Direct Support Professionals (DSPs) in cleaning and laundry duties
- Train new staff regarding resident needs, individual training objectives, and housekeeping duties
- Provide new residents with an orientation to the facility with introduction to staff and peers
- Attend regularly scheduled in-services
- In conjunction with the Dietitian and Administrator, assign and monitor meal preparation, cooking, and cleaning; ensure menus are posted and followed; and prepare meals as needed
- Drive clients to appointments using company van and assist clients on outings
- Provide Direct Support Professional support as needed
- Must be available by telephone and respond to calls in a timely manner
- Other duties as assigned
House Manager Qualifications:
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Certified Nursing Assistant Certificate and/or Nursing Attendant Training
- Valid and current proof of legal right to drive in California and proof of insurance
- At least 18 months of Direct Support experience, working with individuals with developmental disabilities under the supervision of a Qualified Intellectual Disabilities Professional (QIDP)
- Ability to work in a professional manner, both with other departments within the facility and with community representatives
- Positive attitude with flexibility to meet the needs and demands of the residential home
- Successfully pass all post offer, pre-employment screening requirements, including criminal background check, drug screening, physical exam, and provide proof of eligibility to work in the United States
- Able to run, push, pull, bend, squat, kneel, and lift up to fifty (50) pounds
With 40 programs and service sites spanning several counties, UCPLA is the largest nonprofit provider of direct care services for individuals with developmental and intellectual disabilities in Southern California.
UCPLA is an equal opportunity employer and is required to comply with equal opportunity legislation in each jurisdiction in which it operates. UCPLA also considers qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment pursuant to California Law and, if applicable, the L.A. Fair Chance Ordinance.
To Apply: https://www.jobg8.com/ATSApply.aspx?WzsNXxFSgt84iHz6nI4FNwa