At UCPLA we are dedicated to the people we serve, and we are here to support them during this challenging time. If you or someone you know is looking for a job, or have been displaced from a job as a result of current events and are in need of employment, we would be thrilled to connect with you.
Are you a CNA looking for meaningful work? Are you passionate about making a difference? If so, then UCPLA is the company for you! When you join the UCPLA team, you help us promote independence for adults with developmental and intellectual disabilities. We offer competitive starting salaries and benefits to full-time staff: Health, Dental, Vision, and Life Insurance, Life Assistance Program, Flexible Spending Account (FSA), Paid Holidays, Vacation Benefits, Paid Sick Leave, Paid Bereavement Leave, Credit Union Benefits and Discounts, Referral Bonus Plan, and Retirement Plan.
We offer competitive starting salaries, Paid Holidays, Vacation Benefits, Paid Sick Leave, Referral Bonus Plan, and Retirement Plan to part-time employees.
United Cerebral Palsy of Los Angeles, Ventura & Santa Barbara Counties (UCPLA) is hiring Direct Support Professional IIs (DSP IIs) with Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA) certification to assist developmentally disabled individuals with daily living needs in a group home residential setting. As a DSP II – CNA, you help our residents with their physical, emotional, and social needs by using a person-centered approach. Our DSP IIs have the unique opportunity to build a rewarding career in healthcare and to develop caring relationships with our residents.
Rate of Pay: $15.50 per hour
Part -time and Full-time schedules available
- Pass medication to residents, as assigned, per RN medication administration training
- Assist residents with moving in and out of beds, baths, wheelchairs, automobiles, and with eating, dressing, and grooming
- Respect and promote the individual rights of people served
- Provide direct care and other related duties as assigned by supervisor(s) and/or nursing staff
- Provide assistance with training of staff as need arises
- If eligible to be a driver, attend and assist residents on outings and to appointments
- Other duties as assigned
DSP II – CNA – Qualifications:
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Current Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA) certification
- Experience working with developmentally disabled individuals preferred
- Interest in and concern for people with developmental disabilities, and sufficient patience and understanding to deal with their special needs
- Successfully pass all post offer, pre-employment screening requirements, including criminal background check, drug screening, physical exam, and provide proof of eligibility to work in the United States
- Ability to run, push, pull, bend, squat, kneel, and lift up to fifty (50) pounds
With 40 programs and service sites spanning several counties, UCPLA is the largest nonprofit provider of direct care services for individuals with developmental and intellectual disabilities in Southern California.
UCPLA is an equal opportunity employer and is required to comply with equal opportunity legislation in each jurisdiction in which it operates. UCPLA also considers qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment pursuant to California Law and, if applicable, the L.A. Fair Chance Ordinance.
To Apply: https://www.jobg8.com/ATSApply.aspx?1drb5Z1cGG04Qe2wKfT44Ad