POSITION SUMMARY: Under the supervision of the VP of Operations, the Director of Facilities supervises and coordinates the day to day maintenance and repair of the buildings, grounds, and associated equipment for all URM properties. Provides oversight to facilities staff and brings a gospel centered leadership approach.
CORE WORK PRINCIPLE: Colossians 3:23 is the foundation of URM’s standard for employment, Whateveryou do, work at it with all your heart, as though you were working for the Lord and not for people. The goal for each employee is to enrich and sustain a humble heart attitude; to enrich and sustain a mindset of serving others, treating them with kindness and truth; and to enrich and sustain a zealous desire for achieving work objectives without any ulterior motives or agendas.
• Responsible for general contracting permits, architecture and construction of facility projects.
• Coordinates work to be completed by contractors and skilled trades.
• Oversees staff that installs, inspects, repairs, and maintains building systems, including mechanical, electrical, plumbing, HVAC, safety, and waste management.
• Coordinates the day to day maintenance and repair of the buildings, grounds, and associated equipment at all 3 of URM’s properties.
• Tracks service requests and ensures requests are completed within established timelines and quality standards.
• Schedules and ensures completion of preventative maintenance.
• Maintains a safe and effective work environment.
•Trains team on policies and procedures.
• Will bring management and leadership to a primarily para-professional level staff.
• Has thorough knowledge of functional areas and department processes.
•Direct Reports: Facilities Manager
• Line staff reporting to managers: EVS staff; safety coordinator, maintenance techs.
• Interviewing, hiring orienting and training employees within the department; planning, assigning, and directing work; coaching and appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
In general, the following physical demands are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to allow differently-abled individuals to perform the essential functions of the job.
• Manual dexterity required for occasional reaching and lifting of small objects and operating office equipment.
• Able to stand and walk for extended periods of time.
• Able to participate in activities related to event decoration, set up and tear down.
• Able to lift at least 30lbs.
In general, the following conditions of the work environment are representative of those that an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to allow differently-abled individuals to perform the essential functions of the job within the environment.
• The office is clean, orderly, properly lit and ventilated.
• Noise levels are considered low too moderate.
• Noise levels are considered low to moderate.
EXPERIENCE, EDUCATION AND LICENSURES:
- Equivalent of an Associate’s Degree; Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- A minimum of three to five years progressively responsible, related experience leading in a multiethnic environment.
- Able to lead, teach, coach, and train diverse teams, including men currently in recovery.
- Construction and project management background with ability to teach and train others highly desirable.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Understands and values racial equality as an organizational operating principle and displays a commitment to continuous learning on issues related to race, equality, diversity, and inclusion.
- Ability to communicate effectively with a wide range of audiences in both written and verbal formats.
- Experience working with individuals at all levels of the organization including senior executives, individuals from various socio-economic levels, and diverse backgrounds.
- Excellent problem-solving, planning, organizing, and supervisory/leadership skills.
- Ability to work in a high-paced environment.
- Proficient in Microsoft office programs.
- Ability to think strategically, synthesize complex data and develop innovative solutions.
- Excellent planning, organizing and leadership/supervisory skills; ability to focus/ align organization around critical initiatives.
- High emotional intelligence & spiritual maturity.
- Committed to compassion ministry & life transformation.
- Ability to facilitate progressive change and shift culture.
To Apply: https://www.jobg8.com/ATSApply.aspx?kuFVKk7EO7cJcl6g922WPwo