Purpose of the Position:
The Associate Vice President, Curriculum oversees the development, implementation, maintenance, and evaluation of high-quality curriculum across UMA’s Online Campus, the Clearwater Campus, UMA’s corporate learning as well as continuing medical education initiatives. The Associate Vice President, Curriculum partners closely with UMA’s career services, strategy and finance teams to create a curriculum development engine which can leverage internal and vendor resources, and which are responsive to the marketplace. The Associate Vice President, Curriculum ensures UMA leverages best in class and cutting-edge curriculum approaches as appropriate including but not limited to virtual reality, simulations, adaptive learning and badging, including academic awards.
The Associate Vice President, Curriculum reports to the Executive Vice President, Education.
- Refines processes for developing high quality curriculum across Online, Clearwater, corporate partners, and selected CME teams.
- Partners closely with UMA’s finance team to create a rubric for ongoing assessment of internal vs. vendor builds.
- Builds strong vendor relationships as appropriate.
- Ensures quick turnarounds and high-quality curriculum builds which meet the needs and requirements of each campus, corporate learning and CME build.
- Brings a strong vision to the unique learning experience needs across UMA’s campuses, corporate learning and CME needs.
- Implement and maintain a strong requirement gathering process which meets the needs of each area and leads to high quality product outcomes.
- Partners effectively with Dean of Online Programs and Institutional Effectiveness and UMA’s compliance team to ensure best in class process and the highest quality curriculum that blends appropriate rigor with the right levels of instruction and assessment of outcomes.
- Provides inspirational leadership to Online, Clearwater and CME curriculum teams
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Utilizes cutting edge new technologies, content, learning theories and objectives, and academic policies into courses.
- Leverages LMS functionality as appropriate. Provides strategic leadership in this area.
- Leverages latest technology and leads creation of new learning designs. Effectively able to fork curriculum experiences as appropriate across the Online and Clearwater campuses, corporate learning, and CME.
- Expertise in virtual reality, experiential learning, badging, adaptive learning, etc.
- Incorporates virtual reality, experiential learning, awards/badging, adaptive learning strategies and tools into the curriculum as appropriate.
- Partners with UMA’s finance team to create rubrics and process for internal vs. vendor builds.
- Creates a resources plan which is appropriate and responsive to time-sensitive demands.
- Plans and monitors Curriculum team budget and expenses.
- Executes on objectives and tasks necessary to meet short and long-term budget goals.
Team Member Leadership
- Build a strong culture of accountability and high performance while providing inspirational leadership.
- Builds team with a diversity of skills able to respond to changing needs of online learning.
- Recruit, develop, and retain top performers
- Create and implement an effective onboarding plan for every team member
- Recruit, train and develop a team with skills and experience aligned to meet UMA’s needs and the market with a focus on retention of top performers
- Set clear expectations for all Team Members. Analyze goals, activities and results to determine action plans to improve individual and team performance per stated performance management guidelines.
- Ensure that UMA values are being demonstrated and policies are being followed.
Support Institutional Initiatives
- Keep current on institutional goals, objectives, and progress
- Engage in institutional sponsored activities and initiatives as appropriate
- Lead with courage in support of change initiatives that impact organization
- Manages and assists in coordinating efforts between departments within UMA
- Ensures curriculum team and UMA’s SMEs leverage Adult Learning Theory, Quality Matters, OLC, ABHES, CAHIIM and NACE standards and approaches as appropriate.
- Demonstrates knowledge of, and carefully follows all applicable federal and state compliance requirements and regulations including those prescribed by the Department of Education, accrediting agencies, CIE, and internal UMA policies and procedures.
- Effectively communicates compliance requirements to students and other staff as appropriate and quickly escalates any compliance concerns to the Compliance department.
To Apply: https://www.jobg8.com/Traffic.aspx?KsyRQGaw%2bPEPKQ97AGgzPwj