UES, Inc. has an opportunity available for a Research Scientist in the area of structural metals processing and performance optimization, with emphasis on (but not limited to) reactive materials development. Duties include actively contributing to research and development efforts in high energy impact modeling, alloy discovery and design, development of thermomechanical processing routes, modeling and characterization of static and dynamic microstructure-property relationships, and microstructure evolution. This position is part of an on-site research contract in the Metals Branch of the Materials and Manufacturing Directorate of the Air Force Research Laboratory at Wright Patterson AFB, OH. The candidate must be self-motivated and able to work cooperatively in diverse multi-disciplinary teams. A Master’s Degree or higher in Materials Science Engineering or related field required. Primary functions for this role will include:
- Modeling of reactive materials
- Thermomechanical processing of reactive materials
- Characterization of static and dynamic microstructure- property relationships
- Presentation and publication of results
- Master’s Degree or higher in Materials Engineering or Metallurgical Engineering is required
- Hands on research experience in the area of structural metals processing and performance optimization is required
- This will require a self-motivated individual with strong interpersonal skills, and careful attention to detail
- This position is working within a government facility and requires U.S. Citizenship
UES, Inc. is an innovative science and technology company providing customers with superior research and development expertise since its inception in 1973. Our long-term success is a direct result of a strong commitment to the success of our employees. We look forward to reviewing your application.
UES, Inc. is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
To Apply: https://www.jobg8.com/ATSApply.aspx?3Vt70PYrW2X91ZuWcNFh1gy