Tulley Automotive Group, Inc. has an immediate opening for a motivated Full Time Certified Service Technician in our GM Franchise. Tulley Automotive Group, Inc. is a family owned and operated dealership group that provides a great work environment with exceptional customer service and employee benefits. Experience is preferred but not necessary; we will train, motivate, and coach you to succeed.
- Provides and ensures exceptional customer service in the service department;
- Provides insight and ideas to the department in order to maintain a sustained, competitive advantage;
- Diagnoses causes for all conditions based upon customer concern and vehicle inspection and road test;
- Performs work as outline on repair orders with efficiency and accuracy, in accordance with dealership and manufacturer standards;
- Communicates with the Shop Foreman if work outlined is not required, additional work is needed, open safety related conditions exist, or work cannot be completed by the promised time;
- Communicates with the parts department to obtain or order needed parts;
- Documents all work and results of tests performed on the repair order in a legible manner;
- Saves and tags defective parts of the job if required by warranty policy or if customer has requested return of defective parts;
- Ensures that vehicles being repaired are kept clean and that no incidental damages occur;
- Supports the learning process and monitors work of Service Apprentice Technicians;
- Operates service department equipment in a safe manner and reports maintenance needs, defects or other hazards promptly to the Shop Foreman or Service Manager;
- Handles hazardous waste according to group policies and procedures;
- Abides by the safety procedures outline in the safety plan;
- Returns shop tools and manuals to their authorized location promptly upon completion of the related job;
- Keeps shop area organized and clean;
- Abides by group policies and procedures outline in the Employee Handbook;
- Communicates and coordinates regularly with appropriate others to maximize the effectiveness of interdepartmental operations and activities;
- Complies with federal, state, and local regulations that affect departmental operations;
- Provides needed information and demonstrations concerning how to perform certain work tasks to employees;
- Keeps immediate supervisor and designated others fully and accurately informed concerning work progress, including present and potential work problems, and suggestions for new or I improved ways of addressing these problems;
- Exhibits integrity, ingenuity, enthusiasm and inventiveness in the performance of assigned tasks;
- Performs other directly related duties consistent with the role and function of the specification.
- GM Certified Technician with certification in Engine, Transmission and Diesel preferred
- Thorough knowledge of department functions, policies and organization;
- Thorough knowledge of current vehicle department technology, terminology, procedures and equipment;
- Skilled in handling sensitive inquiries or complaints and resolving customer and employee problems;
- Skilled in logic and mathematical principles such as formulas, equations, calculations, proportions, and percentages;
- Ability to use current automotive DMS computer technology as applicable to department operations and familiarity with the Internet, browser programs and e-mail protocol;
- Ability to communicate effectively with others, both orally and in writing, using technical and non-technical language;
- Ability to perform a wide variety of duties and responsibilities with accuracy and speed under the pressure of deadlines;
- Ability and willingness to quickly learn and put to use new skills and knowledge brought about by rapidly changing information and/or technology.
- Competitive compensation;
- Comprehensive training;
- Health, Dental, Vision, Accident Insurance, Short Term Disability, Long Term Disability, Flexible Spending Account, Dependent Care Account, and company sponsored Life Insurance;
- 401(k) plan with dealer contribution – pre-tax and post-tax options;
- Paid Vacation Time;
- Paid Personal Time;
- Paid Holidays;
- Extensive Inventory;
- Strong Management Support;
- Team-orientated environment.
About Tulley Automotive Group, Inc.
Tulley Automotive Group, Inc. has been a trusted name in the automotive sales and service industry in New Hampshire since 1957. Still to this day the company is owned and operated by the Tulley Family. Tulley Automotive Group, Inc. has been recognized by many organizations through-out America as a leading Auto Dealership.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this role.
Equal Opportunity Statement
Our corporation is committed to the full utilization of all human resources, and to a policy of equal opportunity. Our corporation will not discriminate against employees or applicants for employment on any legally-recognized basis including, but not limited to: veteran/military status, marital status, caregiver status, status as a victim of domestic violence, physical or mental disability, race, age, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, pregnancy, national origin, genetic information, and other classifications described by state and federal law. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment including, but not limited to, hiring, placement, promotion, performance management, termination, layoff, transfers, leave of absence requests, compensation, benefits, and training.
To Apply: https://www.jobg8.com/ATSApply.aspx?Kqg717WIYOKDGbAJd8DZMAc