Tosoh SMD, Inc. is a global leader in semiconductor materials for the electronics, aeronautical and medical industries. Our superior products help our customers introduce new cutting edge technologies that make our lives easier and move us into the future. Our state-of-the-art manufacturing facility and materials laboratory located in Grove City, OH manages the entire life cycle of all our products including supply chain development, research and development, manufacturing, testing and distribution.
Our innovative and devoted team of scientist, engineers, metallurgical experts, manufacturers and managers continuously collaborate and strategize to improve and create new materials for a wide range of our customer’s semiconductor needs ranging from computer chips to supporting artificial intelligence. As one of over 100 Tosoh Corporation’s family of companies our motto is “We Make the Material That Makes Your Devices Work”.
Major Duties and Responsibilities
• Work as a hands-on Quality Engineer with responsibilities to improve manufacturing operations with strategic goals assigned by the Quality Manager.
• Utilize SPC to improve production processes. Implement data collection using ASI Datamyte QDA9 product at strategic process locations to enable monitoring of product and process conformity
• Train the organization in best manufacturing practices, root cause analysis with focus on industry specific topics such as metals machining, raw materials analysis and industrial process control.
• Identify gaps in department capabilities between business needs and develop methodologies and technologies to fill those gaps.
• Identify, prioritize, own and drive large scale projects from development to completion.
• Interpret the Quality Department’s strategic goals into practical projects; direct the technicians and analysts in contributing to those goals.
• Deploy, train and measure the effectiveness of new quality processes and tools both within the group and cross functionally.
• Support the Company as either Customer or Supplier Quality Development representative.
• Relevant technical degree such as Chemical, Industrial, Mechanical or Process Engineering.
Skills and Qualifications
• Proven experience of utilizing SPC and complex data analysis techniques to improve and control processes in a manufacturing environment
• Experience as a Senior Quality Engineer or Quality Manager in a high volume industrial environment preferred.
• Proven track record building a respected team that can work cross functionally with other disciplines.
• Ability to set goals and objectives for team members in pursuit of business objectives.
• Proven experience resolving conflict when department goals diverge with other groups; negotiating resources from other departments to achieve the quality department initiatives.
• Ability to analyze data for integrity and trends plus summarize data through reporting and presentation to drive cross functional activity.
• Minimum 5 years relevant experience required
• Must be able to sit for an extended period of time.
TSMD is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Vets/Disability.
To Apply: https://www.jobg8.com/ATSApply.aspx?09KdbbZOjuaa2Lgq%2bscPYQv