Who We are
Thompson Pipe Group is a privately held family business of engineers, contractors, and manufacturers based in Rialto, California. From the humble beginnings, we built a family of products to meet the needs of all kinds of infrastructure. Each generation of products is better than the previous.
Thompson Pipe Group is now the largest and most diverse drainage, sanitary, pressure and trench-less pipe provider, with manufacturing locations across the country and serving not just the US but all of North America. Please visit our website at
Thompson Pipe Group is currently looking for a Machine Operator.
The Machine Operator is responsible for running various types of equipment including but not be limited to mill heads, overhead crane, coil control, plasma cutter, sub-arc welders and welding control panel. He/She will produce spiral welded pipes in accordance with AWWA C-200 standard and/or costumer specifications along with a team of 3 operators. The operator is to follow the schedule which is produced by his/her supervisor. The welds are to be inspected visually for deficiencies in the sub-arc welding process. The operator will adjust if deficiencies are found with the welding process or notify his supervisor. The materials and equipment must be handled safely & properly. Housekeeping around the machine and department is an absolute must.
- Operates any three of the main operator stations independently on the SWP mill as determined by the Lead.
- Performs set-up and operates sub-arc welders on the SWP Mill.
- Inspects completed welds to determine structural soundness.
- Consistently operates successfully from the sub-arc control panel and the main operator’s station.
- Operates overhead crane to move plate, coil, and machinery.
- Identifies and correctly uses the different fillers and fluxes for various thicknesses of metal.
- Measure’s pipe dimensions and material to the nearest 32nd of an inch and adjusts machine settings to achieve the desired output.
- Operates a variety of machinery and possesses a basic mechanical aptitude performing minor repairs and lubrication.
- Performs Hot Works (welding, cutting & grinding) as needed for equipment maintenance or production requirements.
- Responsible for the organization and housekeeping of designated station as well as performing pre-operations inspections.
- Must have a safety-first attitude
- Be respectful to all persons
- Be responsible, dependable and trustworthy
- Complete sub-arc welding process certification within the steel plant under QA supervision, single and tandem.
- Must be able to pass practical and written overhead crane training course.
- Must be familiar with machinery and possess a basic mechanical aptitude.
- Ability to understand and interpret drawings for basic dimensions
- Flexible for non-standard working hours
- Must have good organizational/housekeeping skills and problem resolution skills
- Required to lift and move objects up to 75lbs
- FCAW and/or SAW experience is a plus.
What We Offer
- Top-tier Medical, Dental, and Vision Benefits
- Life and Supplement Life
- Company Matched 401K Retirement Plan
- Paid Holidays
- Fun Events
- Training and Development
- Employee Discounts
- Career Opportunity!
EOE/AA – M/F/Vet/Disability
Thompson Pipe Group – Pressure is an Equal Opportunity Employer Continue
To Apply: https://www.jobg8.com/ATSApply.aspx?RG5w3cIptCrY%2bFCsoRo3Jgn