Job Description Edit
At Thompson Pipe Group, we believe in giving back. We provide a work environment where our employees can build a life. We don’t just offer jobs, we offer careers. And we’re committed to always doing the right thing for our industry, our people and our community.
In Thompson Pipe Group, we are proud of the company culture we’ve built as we’ve grown over the past 30 years. We provide the largest and most diverse drainage, sanitary, pressure and trench-less pipe. From humble beginnings, we built a family of products to meet the needs of all kinds of infrastructure. For more information, please visit our website at
Responsible for performing all functions necessary to produce precast concrete products efficiently and safely under supervision. Work in a team environment to accomplish the required tasks.
- Assist with responsibilities in training employees in finishing, patching, building cages and operating equipment and performing general maintenance.
- Maintains neat and orderly work areas at all times.
- Preparing and installing rebar or reinforcing wire.
- Placement of appropriate inlets and outlets.
- Pouring and finishing concrete in forms.
- Ensuring tools and work areas are clean during the day and at the end of each shift.
- Material movement such as carrying and replacing parts.
- Finish product in a quality manner free of cracks and imperfections.
- Must learn and be certified in running all equipment and batching equipment.
- Must be able to read and write English.
- Reading blueprints or looking at sketches to determine how to install rebar or mesh. (preferred)
- Other related duties as required.
- Oversee areas of the operation and manage the workflow ensuring the daily activities related to the assigned department are met by conducting daily shift start-up meetings.
- Monitoring and processing all department activity including safety, productivity, accuracy and day end reports.
- Ensuring employee performance standards are met, overseeing employee daily operations.
- Embrace strong work ethics personally and throughout company.
- Deals effectively with frequent delays, unexpected events and changes in/or approaches/methods to best fit the situation.
- Uses time efficiently; sets goals and objectives; Develops realistic action plans.
- Looks for ways to improve and promote safety, quality and efficiency. Monitors own work to ensure quality, accuracy and thoroughness; conserves organizational resources.
- Reports any and all safety concerns and injuries.
- Report to management on any damaged/discrepancies with inventory; Audits
- Oversees employee’s development and training.
- Requires the ability to communicate effectively using speech, vision, and hearing.
- Requires the use of hands for simple grasping and fine manipulations.
- Requires bending, squatting, crawling, climbing, reaching; the ability to lift, carry, push or pull medium weights, up to 75 pounds.
- Requires activities involving being around moving machinery, exposure to changes in temperature, exposure to dust and fumes.
- Use of ear plugs and other PPE – such as hard hat, steel-toes boots, gloves and safety glasses as required.
Required Education and Experience
- High School Diploma or G.E.D.
- Minimum 2 years of work-related experience and/or training in skilled trades.
- Familiarity using tools and equipment associated with precast concrete production.
- Ability to figure out the quantity, size, and shapes of reinforcing rods and determine where to place them. (preferred)
- Prepares rebar and mesh for installation using metal shears, hacksaws, and torches. (preferred)
- Bend or cut Rebar using Machinery (preferred)
- Current certified Forklift Operator or the ability to be certified as a Forklift Operator.
- Current certified Crane Operator or the ability to be certified as a Crane Operator.
- Experienced Heavy Equipment Operator or the ability to be certified as a Heavy
- Ability to be certified a batch plant operator
- This position requires critical thinking and working closely with production Crew Leaders and engineering to ensure that deadlines will be met.
EOE/AA – M/F/Vet/Disability
Thompson Pipe Group – Pressure is an Equal Opportunity Employer
To Apply: https://www.jobg8.com/ATSApply.aspx?O%2bwhDB%2f2aAa6cUfasXpAWAq