We’re looking for a candidate to fill this position in an exciting company.
- Lead the Dean’s office projects and initiatives that advance the institution’s academic and administrative effectiveness, engaging the right resources and holding parties accountable for deadlines.
- Create systems and processes to prioritize requests and activities, using excellent judgement to determine which require the direct involvement of the Dean and/or Deputy Deans to ensure the Dean’s time remains focused on highest priority activities.
- Develop and implement systems to organize, communicate, and manage key priorities and projects on behalf of the Dean.
- Supports the Dean in the overall management of staff including organizational design and personnel concerns.
- Maintains confidentiality of privileged information and performs a wide range of duties that require sensitivity, independent judgment, diplomacy, discretion, and flexibility.
- Performs miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
- Partner closely with Associate Deans, Deputy Deans, and administrators within SSA and across the University to ensure successful operations and activities under each leader’s purview; provide updates to the Dean, as necessary.
- Facilitate meetings with administrators; establish cadences, prepare agendas, circulate pertinent information, and follow up on necessary matters to accelerate completion.
- Lead implementation and change management efforts of strategic objectives, partnering with appropriate leaders and staff to achieve goals.
- Act with diplomacy in an academic environment to build trusted relationships with a broad range of individuals within SSA and across the broader University.
- Proven project management skills with experience managing to deadlines, ability to understand and address interdependencies and competing preferences, manage various stakeholders, and familiarity with efficient systems and processes.
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work independently, be proactive and to follow through with attention to detail.
- Ability to plan, prioritize and oversee multiple projects, meet deadlines for deliverables.
- Ability to analyze complex problems and recommend or implement an effective course of action.
- Ability to build relationships and influence others.
- Knowledge and understanding of institutional policies, procedures, and decision-making structures.