Prior recertification experience is required, skilled in LIHTC, HOME, HUD Section 8 soft subsidies. Strong organizational, excellent in oral and written communication skills. Must be proficient in Microsoft office. Experience with Yardi is a plus.
This position offers highly competitive pay. Apply today to become a part of a dynamic customer service driven team!
Job Type: Full-time
DIRECTOR OF COMPLIANCE – AFFORDABLE HOUSING
The Director of Compliance provides leadership and support to the ownership and property management teams to maintain compliance with and understanding of all Affordable Housing programs applicable to the company. Responsibilities will include managing the activities of the compliance department to ensure company’s properties are compliant with programs such as LIHTC, Section 8 and other housing program regulations; provide compliance support along with tr certification: 1 year (Required)
- LIHTC, HOME, HUD Section 8: 1 year (Required)aining and guidance to property management staff.
RESPONSIBILITIES TO INCLUDE BUT NOT LIMITED TO:
• Direct the activities of the compliance team to include managing all monitoring agency reporting, audits and responses
• Implement new procedures to improve overall effectiveness of the compliance department
• Act as an in-house compliance consultant to property management teams to provide guidance and regulatory interpretation that properly considers potential operational and/or financial impacts and risks to operations from specific individual or stacked affordability programs and options
• Ensure and certify all initial qualifying household files from initial move-in/qualification through 1st year recertification for all new/re-syndication LIHTC properties and units are fully vetted and in compliance with all LIHTC income requirements. This includes review and certification by in-house compliance resources as well as 3rd-Party LIHTC audit resources
• Liaisons and builds proactive, positive relationships with investors, state housing finance agencies, Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD), Public Housing Agencies (PHAs)and other regulatory agencies
• Ensure proactive compliance with all matters of ownership, agency and/or regulatory requirement for affordable properties managed across all Affordable Housing programs.
• Develop and maintain database tracking of all property-specific program types, set asides, compliance requirements, audit dates, renewal dates and applicable agency and/or owner/partner contacts.
• Working with IT/Yardi and training teams, maximize effectiveness and proper implementation of the Yardi affordability modules.
• Conduct compliance audits.
• Train new and existing property managers in all aspects of compliance.
• Support our property managers and district managers when they have questions regarding compliance programs or procedure.
SUCCESSFUL CANDIDATES WILL HAVE:
• Demonstrated performance management experience including training, coaching, mentoring.
• Prior organizational, management experience building and managing a highly engaged team.
• Proven track record of effective customer service capabilities and problem-solving abilities.
• Previous knowledge of industry compliance software program(s) a plus.
• Computer Literacy (Moderate to Advanced) in Yardi, Excel, MSWord, PowerPoint
• Basic Accounting skills
• Prior experience with creating and delivering effective compliance presentations and training materials.
ADDITIONAL SKILLS A CANDIDATE WILL BRING INCLUDE:
• Certifications candidate can possess (among others):
– COS (Certified Occupancy Specialist) or equivalent
– Star (Rural Development 515)
– LIHTC (Low Income Housing Tax Credit)
– National Affordable Housing Professional ® Certification (NAHP®)
– Certified Professional of Occupancy ( CPO ™)
– Blended Compliance Designation (BCD)
– Housing Credit Certified Professional (HCCP)
– Home Compliance Specialist (HCS)
– Certified Professional of Occupancy (CPO)
• Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills.
• Collaborative, friendly to effectively handle issues as they arise.
• Demonstrated excellent written/oral communication skills.
• Ability to exercise good business professionalism and business judgment at all times.
• Strong organizational, time management, and multi-tasking skills with ability to meet deadlines.
• Resourceful; effective problem-solving skills.
• Flexibility – able to prioritize projects and adapt work projects quickly when needed.
• Collaborative; demonstrated ability to coach, mentor, train.
• Effective supervision, delegation skills.
• Able to work both independently and a team.
• Positive, outgoing attitude to fellow employees, community/state representatives.
Must be able to pass drug and background check
Must have reliable transportation
Must have prior experience with Section 8 and Recertification process
To Apply: https://www.jobg8.com/Traffic.aspx?QEUWeZsKYUo75lrPr%2f0xsQx