A new tab will open
Description: Our client is seeking a Underwriting Manager
Full-Time Permanent, 100% remote
This individual will be responsible for managing the credit diligence/quality for Third Party originated loans and will evaluate decisions, interprets investor guidelines and policies, review sampled loan submissions to ensure that they meet the investor guidelines; weigh credit risk to ensure that the loans originated by clients will be insurable by applicable agency. Responsible for overseeing all underwriting functions of loans for the Branch.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Hire, train and manage credit underwriting staff.
• Ensure that credit underwriting is done in a timely fashion and in compliance with all applicable underwriting criteria of the company.
• Work with other managers in the wholesale division and take lead role in development and implementation of department’s quality control program.
• Stay abreast of all changes and updates in credit underwriting and communicate same to appropriate staff and managers.
• Monitor volume of incoming applications and loans submitted for final underwriting review.
• Prioritize and distribute workload to achieve maximum efficiency.
• Offer expertise and guidance to underwriting staff
•Understanding agency appetite for risk.
•Reviews and evaluates information on mortgage loan documents to determine if buyer, property, and loan conditions meet establishment and government/agency standards.
•Coordinates diligence activities with external clients to ensure loan requirements are met; notifies clients loan production personnel of incomplete files to obtain appropriate information necessary to complete loan packages.
•Ensures and upholds fair lending practices; meets targets for productivity, quality and customer satisfaction.
•Analyzes appraisals. Determines the reasonable value of the property and any conditions which must be met prior to VA guaranty of the loan.
•Assist/Communicate best practices to our clients to facilitate clean loan deliveries.
•Manage a staff of 8-10 Underwriters.
•Minimum of 10 years mortgage banking experience
•Minimum of 5 years experience in an underwriting or management role
•Knowledge of FHA, VA guidelines (DE not required)
•Knowledge of QM/ATR requirements
This job and many more are available through The Judge Group. Find us on the web at
To Apply: Click Here