A new tab will open
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Description: Our client is currently seeking a Underwriting Manager in Phoenix, AZ!
This job will have the following responsibilities:
- “Preferably DE/SARs and conventional experience.
- Able to manager a pipeline of their own, while managing a team of about 5-7 UWs.
- Would need to have a really strong presence and be able to work well with their UWs and the branches they support.
- Remote is A-OK, if they live in Phoenix or Montana, great but not required.”
- Responsibilities: Works to develop and increase skill set and knowledge of all underwriting personnel.
- Provides insight, direction and expertise to less experienced team members.
- Independently makes decisions and leads special projects.
- Builds and manages extensive networks of business, broker and internal relationships.
- Provides input on new and / or existing Underwriting processes, procedures and / or approaches and future enhancements.
- Monitors incoming volume and balance pipelines and assignment of production.
- Recruits, hires and trains qualified individuals.
- Coordinates and cooperates with managers across departments and divisions to ensure optimum efficiencies are obtained.
- Reviews and responds to monthly Quality Control reports in a timely manner.
- Identifies Quality Control trends and providing training where needed.
- Independently isolates, defines and determines course – of – action on complex and financially sensitive underwriting issues.
- Assists others in researching and interpreting complex data to determine meaning and course – of – action. Reviews, examines and underwrites loans to ensure soundness, business value and compliance with MNET and Investor Guidelines.
- Assesses loan attributes and documentation for soundness and accuracy.
- Reviews and evaluates data to ascertain loan viability and identify risk issues and potential fraud.
- Assists in identifying, recommending and / or negotiating alternative loan requirements, funding and / or loan structure solutions.
- Continuing education through company and / or industry sponsored classed or seminars
Qualifications & Requirements:
- 8+ years underwriting experience
- Experience leading teams of 3-6.
- Will need to maintain their own pipeline.
- Technical Skills: Full Conventional, State Bond and Government underwriting designations to include FHA DE
- Understanding of legal, regulatory, economic, competitive and technological environments which potentially affect real estate lending programs required Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, Outlook) required.
- Computer and internet proficiency required. Knowledge of or the ability to learn in-house loan origination system required.
- Additional Qualifications: Expertise in multiple underwriting specializations
- Extensive understanding of processing, underwriting and closing procedures
- Extensive understanding of underwriting systems and their interdependencies
- Strong analytical, interpersonal and verbal / written communication skills required
- Ability to work overtime hours when required.
- Advanced-level customer interface skills required.
To Apply: Click Here