Description: Our client is currently seeking a DE Underwriter II Retail: REMOTE
This job will have the following responsibilities:
- Responsible for underwriting files and establishing conditions to meet FHA and AAG guidelines.
- Ability to make timely, accurate decisions on all FHA transactions
- Evaluate risk and ensure quality of each loan
- Communicate requirements and/or decisions on all loan files
- Responsible for reviewing all areas of the mortgage loan to ensure accuracy, completeness and compliance with internal and regulatory guidelines, including but not limited to Application, Title, Appraisal, Assets, Credit, Condominium information, and income.
- Responsible for clear and concise communication to appropriate parties including but not limited to the processing department on items needed to prepare a loan for closing and FHA insuring.
- Partners with processing to close loans in a timely in efficient manner
- Assist in identifying, recommending and/or negotiating alternative loan documentation requirements
Qualifications & Requirements:
- Two to three years of experience within the Mortgage Lending industry.
- Must have DE Certification and have a valid CHUMS Number
- Strong credit, risk analysis, and analytical skills
- Be able to examine loan documentation for accuracy and completeness
- Computer literate with the ability to learn new software applications.
- Working knowledge of federal and state regulations and requirements with emphasis on MDA, TILA, HUD and RESPA reform. FHA knowledge a plus.
- Understands the loan flow process from application to closing including file structure and loan documentation requirements.
- Tactfulness and proven ability to handled sensitive and confidential situations.
- Ability to work well with a wide range of people, work well under pressure and on deadlines, and adapt to changing situations on a daily basis
- Ability to use creative thinking to find solutions to problems
- Precise attention to detail
- Ability to work in a fast pace environment while under pressure
- Excellent interpersonal and problem-solving skills
- Ability to identify fraud and layered risk
- Familiar with HUD underwriting guidelines and documentation, mortgage legal documentation, 3rd party risk assessment products and Federal/ State/Local compliance regulations
Tammy Cavaleri, Technical Recruiter, The Judge Group
201 Jones Road Suite 320 Waltham, MA 02451
phone |cell | |
Celebrating 50 Years of Success
This job and many more are available through The Judge Group. Find us on the web at
To Apply: https://www.jobg8.com/Traffic.aspx?e6qBK%2biM1unWZGeXdrek%2bAi