Location: Kansas City, MO
Our client is currently seeking a Business Development Manager/Director. Reporting directly to the President, this is a ground floor opportunity to join a new, well-funded, cold storage company with a vision for growth. Be a part of a high performing organization that values building long term win-win relationships with customers, employees and vendors, and excels by combining traditional customer service values with the capabilities of today’s latest technology. The person in this role will oversee all aspects of managing the customer relationship, including lead generation/follow-up, pricing, acquisition and onboarding, as well as ongoing relationship management and development. Potential for growth within this role is very high based on the growth vision of the organization.
• Customer acquisition – Maintain high level of occupancy and throughput in assigned facilities by successfully nurturing the customer development process.
• Lead conversion – Adept at developing short-term and long-term new business and revenue generation opportunities.
• Pricing – Ability to analyze and establish competitive pricing proposals and business models from customer business profiles
• Relationship management – Foster ongoing relationships with customers and potential customers to ensure all needs are being fulfilled and priced appropriately with an eye towards continuously expanding the scope of business conducted with the customer.
• M&A Support – Ability to quickly identify qualifying and quantify potential customer opportunities within the focus market of development (greenfield/brownfield) or acquisition targets.
• Market awareness – Maintain current market information in relevant industries and understand the emerging needs of prospective clients.
• Strive for excellence – Foster a continuous improvement mentality in all aspects of role.
• 5+ years of sales and business development experience
• Demonstrated experience and competency in areas noted above
• Excellent oral and written communication skills.
• Demonstrated computer expertise including Word, Excel and CRM software.
• Bachelor’s degree in related field
• Industry understanding and established customer contact base within protein (beef, pork, poultry) and frozen/refrigeration foods industries
• Travel required as needed to be effective in role (25%-50%)
• Midwest base of operation preferred – I29 corridor – i.e. Sioux City, IA, Kansas City, MO, Omaha, NE
Please send qualified resumes to: . Be a part of this ground floor growth opportunity!
To Apply: https://www.jobg8.com/Traffic.aspx?fmcGIC3YIQSS8Go0iHRyxgw