Founded in 1951, our mission has remained unchanged over the years. The Josselyn Center provides affordable mental health services that make lives better for our clients, their families and the community. Located in Northfield and Waukegan, Illinois, we deliver comprehensive services on a sliding fee scale to help our clients, many of whom are low-income. The Josselyn Center services include outpatient therapy, psychiatry (including tele-psychiatry), case management, supported employment, wellness, outreach, family resources and a therapeutic summer day camp. Clients come from more than 60 communities across northern Cook and Lake counties. The Josselyn Center is the only outpatient psychiatric provider to Medicaid recipients in a 375 square mile area.
The Josselyn Center is looking for an Master’s Level Therapist that possesses strong clinical skills, is a creative problem solver and has a passion for the mental health field. A successful candidate will be extremely organized, be oriented towards supporting clients and delivering strong clinical care, provide thoughtful conclusions and suggestions, be thorough with documentation and be a strong team player.
It is an exciting time to join the Josselyn team as the organization has expanded its reach and opened a new location in Waukegan this spring. The Therapist role will be responsible for providing clinical services for the Waukegan location clients.
- Provides Therapy, Counseling and Crisis Intervention to Clients and their Families
- Creates IMCANS (IATP) Assessment (Completes IATP within 30 days of initial meeting with client, modifies and reviews as needed, updates and records IATP in CIS as needed and ensures updates are completed prior to six months due date)
- Case management
- Client centered consultation with community providers
- Attendance and participation at clinical presentations
- Use of supervision or consultation when required or need
Quality and Compliance Responsibilities:
- All Progress Notes will be entered into the medical record as soon as possible but in no more than three business days of the date of service
- Provide timely completion of Level of Care Utilization System (LOCUS) (for adults)
- Provide timely completion of Columbia and Ohio Scales (for children)
- Compliance with all Policy and Procedures
- Maintain productivity goals as determined by supervisor
- Keep weekly schedule current
- Be responsive to the business office regarding client fees/payments
- Complete requests time off in a timely through the Program Director
- Participate in Accreditation and Certification processes as directed
- Participate in Committee Work as directed
- Participate in Strategic Planning as appropriate
- Participate in Community Related Services as appropriate
- Represent the agency with integrity
MA in Counseling/Social work or MSW/LPC required
LCSW or LCPC preferred
Previous experience in an outpatient mental health setting preferred
Bilingual in Spanish preferred
Ability to work some evening hours during the week.
Excellent supervision and training provided onsite. Great team atmosphere
To Apply: https://www.jobg8.com/ATSApply.aspx?PugskSDsdHN%2fBhpxzwFTGAl