Service Maintenance Technician III
About The Community Builders
Join a growing organization that is strengthening neighborhoods across the nation! The Community Builders, Inc. (TCB) is one of America’s leading nonprofit real estate developers and owners. Our mission is to build and sustain strong communities where people of all incomes can achieve their full potential.
Under the direction of the Service Maintenance Manager, the Tech III participates in the upkeep of all the physical operations of the community, preservation and maintenance of the asset, preparation of market ready homes and providing ongoing service to the residents. The Tech III must possess significant trade skills to handle a variety of apartment interior, exterior and facility deficiencies and experience working with customers. A primary role of the Tech III is to foster a collaborative, positive work environment and deliver a quality living environment for all residents.
- Timely and precise completion of work order requests.
- Provide preventive maintenance for all buildings’ systems, equipment and components.
- Prepare for REAC inspections and agency audits.
- Continually inspect the property to improve curb appeal, be aware and report any maintenance or safety issues.
- Monitor financial controls (i.e., purchase orders, turn costs, withdrawal requests, bids & contracts.)
- Prepare vacant units to be market ready within company guidelines.
- Know the location of all utility meter cut-offs, apartment and fixture cut-offs, sewer cleanouts.
- Responsible for addressing the following types of work orders on a regular basis:
- o Diagnosis, repair and replacement of appliances.
- o Plumbing repairs and replacement of fixtures, faucets, valves, pumps, garbage disposal and toilets.
- o Exterior building repairs including roofing.
- o Repair or replace light fixtures, wall outlets, GFIs and other electrical work.
- o Diagnosis of boilers, water heaters, HVAC repair or replacement including filters, belts, thermostats.
- o Analysis of cause of leaks and full repair & restoration.
- o Upkeep of grounds of community, including snow removal.
- Available for 24-hour emergencies and after hours on call.
- Other duties that arise may be assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Accurate verbal and written communication skills required
- Knowledge of Federal Fair Housing Laws & Guidelines a plus
- Excellent Customer Service skills required
- Bilingual a plus
- Knowledge of all hand and power tools, cleaning supplies, and protective equipment
- Valid Driver’s License and reliable transportation.
Education & Experience:
- High School diploma or equivalent required. Some trade school desired or 7 years of progressive responsibility in property management, hospitality or retail experience required.
- Minimum of 2 years of advanced hands-on repair experience at Technician III level in one or more building trades
- Industry-Trade certifications/Degrees (NAHMS, CAMT, OSHA, HVAC, ETC) preferred
The Community Builders is committed to ensuring diversity and equal opportunity in its workplace.
To Apply: https://www.jobg8.com/Traffic.aspx?TkItgl9WCGGNEfP1phPrPQe