Quality Control and Process Chemist
Location: Kansas City, Missouri Area
The Chatham Group, a dynamic talent acquisition firm focused on the science and technology based industries, is seeking candidates for a profitable and growing chemical company located in Richmond, Missouri. Our client has a tradition of providing a full range of products and technology to the thermoset polymer industry. They excel as a result of fast decisions, flexible manufacturing, Custom and Toll Manufacturing, and problem solving. Their product line is one of the most comprehensive offerings of epoxy and polyurethane intermediates produced in North America. The manufacturing facility includes chemical reactors, blending vessels as well as a state-of-the-art process control laboratory.
Our client understands that the most valuable asset is their talented and dedicated staff. If you are a go-getter with a BS in chemistry or related field and like to work hard then play hard, please continue reading. Do you have a passion for quality, and would you enjoy a fast paced work environment? Perhaps you may be their next MVP!
There is currently an opening for Quality Control and Process Chemist for their second shift (approx. 3-11PM). This is a full-time hourly position with benefits and overtime potential. This person will have responsibility for quality and process control testing using a variety of test methods and analytical chemical instrumentation.
- Ensures lab quality control by determining, organizing and performing batch testing in a consistent and timely manner using various test methods on various products and chemical families
- Makes informed process control decisions (i.e. raw material adjustments, temperature, mixing and pressure adjustments)
- Executes tasks and project responsibilities above semi-independently, problem solving and exercising of judgment in the areas of quality control testing, including analyzing, recording and reporting accurate results to management in a timely fashion
- Communicates with the plant operators and supervisors through regular plant tours and checking batch log sheets
- Participates in R&D & technical services projects to include gathering necessary raw materials or intermediates, determining appropriate work flow measures and testing, ensuring smooth transition to next shift if needed and communicating processes and results in a timely manner
- Collects and prepares high quality, accurate samples for customers and prepares for shipment
- Maintains clean and organized lab work area
- Assists in management and development of processes and safety programs
- Manages inventory reduction per departmental inventory reduction strategy
- Manages process improvements and upgrades manufacturing instructions
- Compliance and follow through from trainings regarding RCRA, EPA, OSHA, and other company guidelines and trainings for assigned job duties
- Provides on-call and overtime support as needed in the evenings and other required times as designated by management
- Acts in a stewardship capacity for the Company, works as a functional member of the team, has ability to self-direct and self-regulate work-day
- Participates in all environmental and safety training as required by Federal, State, County and Local regulations as well as company policies
- Suggests improvements for safety and compliance
- Promptly reports any safety incidents and participates in incident investigations as requested
- Additional duties may be added or removed as management requires
- Minimum education and practical work experience: bachelor’s degree in chemistry, biology or related field and 1-5 years’ experience working in an analytical lab or similar position, or a suitable combination of education and relevant experience
- Specialized technical/aptitude experience: minimum of 1-5 years’ experience, and demonstrated knowledge and proficiency with gravimetric and analytic techniques
- Extensive knowledge of commonly-used concepts, practices, and procedures within the chemical manufacturing industry; previous work and/or substantial knowledge of, including commonly used concepts, practices, and procedures, within in the thermoset polymer industry is a strongly considered asset
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize workflow and organize diverse material and ability to handle multiple, competing and changing priorities; ability to perform effectively and problem solve without supervision and within established time limits and ongoing deadlines;
- Ability to interact and communicate effectively and professionally verbally and in writing, and to provide exceptional service internally and externally
- Relevant computer skills for this position include knowledge and experience with Microsoft Office applications and instrumental software. Experience with SAGE Platinum for Windows is preferred
- Displays adaptability in learning the use of relevant software and displays comprehension of fundamental computer practices and database management
- Must be able to work in the United States without need for visa sponsorship now or in the future.
All offers of employment are conditioned upon background check and drug testing.
Contact: Caroline Sangal, PhD
Recruiter – Polymers and Chemicals
50101 Governors Drive, Suite 260 Chapel Hill, NC 27517
To Apply: https://www.jobg8.com/Traffic.aspx?pPlOwfK%2fiLsoh7dclZvLdgo