Overview

Assistant Professor of Practice in Media & Communication (Generalist)Lubbock22545BRMedia and Communication Position DescriptionContributes to the university’s mission through teaching in an area of expertise, mentoring students in professional and career preparation and serving as liaison with professional contacts and entities on behalf of the department or program.Major/Essential FunctionsThe College of Media & Communication at Texas Tech University seeks an Assistant Professor of Practice in Media & Communication with a demonstrated commitment to excellence in teaching foundational courses in media and communication. The successful candidate will be able to provide evidence of outstanding teaching for undergraduate students in different class sizes and modalities, innovative student engagement activities in and outside the classroom, and exceptional experience in retention of first-in-family college students. Appointment begins September 1, 2021, with a possibility of teaching in summer 2021. This position will be hired as a media and communication generalist who will teach foundational courses such as introduction to media and communication, digital and social media, media and popular culture, media writing, media literacy and/or media law. This position will also be available to teach courses in one or more of the following disciplines: advertising, communication studies, journalism, creative media industries, public relations, digital media and professional communication, and media strategies. We seek an energetic master teacher who will instruct seven courses per academic year, mentor students, serve as an advisor to a media and communication student organization, and be a co-leader and advocate for the needs and aspirations of core, basic and introductory high-population courses.The successful candidate must be eligible to work in the United States. Appointment begins September 1, 2021.Instructional duties would comprise 70% of this position’s overall assignment, equating to a teaching load of seven courses per nine-month academic year, with the opportunity to teach additional courses during summer or intersessions for additional compensation. The remaining 30% of the position would include professional currency and service duties serving as a faculty advisor to a student organization and developing curriculum. Service to the department, college, and university is expected. The position will reside within our undergraduate MCOM area with teaching availability to all departments in our college.Required QualificationsNormally, a master’s degree in the discipline or the substantiated equivalent in professional experience of 10 years or more.Preferred QualificationsApplicants must have a completed M.A., M.S., Ph.D. or equivalent terminal degree in a media and communication-related discipline by May 30, 2021. Candidates should demonstrate evidence of teaching excellence with a record of teaching experience that includes expertise in foundational courses related to media and communication and a demonstrated and ongoing commitment to serving diverse student populations.Preferred qualifications for applicants include experience in teaching courses related to media and communication, as well as courses in strategic communication, advertising, journalism, public relations, digital media, science communication, creative media, leadership communication, corporate communication, or professional communication.Other preferred qualifications include experience in advising a student organization, mentoring First Time in College students, and developing curriculum.To apply, visit workattexastech.comAs an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, Texas Tech University is dedicated to the goal of building a culturally diverse faculty committed to teaching and working in a multicultural environment. We actively encourage applications from all those who can contribute, through their research, teaching, and/or service, to the diversity and excellence of the academic community at Texas Tech University. The university does not discriminate on the basis of an applicant’s race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, genetic information or status as a protected veteran. Texas Tech welcomes consideration of dual career and professional couple accommodations.Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency jeid-bb5ccdb91a32194a841d38ea56476ea8Tracking

To Apply: https://www.jobg8.com/Traffic.aspx?Qw84Iwizjj86IinZMmbcdAm