MISSION: The Texas Education Agency (TEA) will improve outcomes for all public-school students in the state by providing leadership, guidance, and support to school systems.
POSITION OVERVIEW: The Director of Teacher Compensation Strategy will play a critical role in the planning and implementation of House Bill 3’s Teacher Incentive Allotment, which aims to provide a pathway for outstanding Texas teachers to earn six-figure salaries. As part of the implementation of the Teacher Incentive Allotment, this individual will play a key role in the creation of guidance documents and overall technical support provided to districts to guide them in developing pathways for their teachers to earn six-figure salaries and strengthen their recruitment and retention of effective teachers. This role will serve as a trusted advisor to district human capital and finance teams to weigh options and make informed decisions that align to the goals of the Teacher Incentive Allotment.
This position reports to the Director of Strategic Compensation.
Please note that a resume is a required attachment for applying to this position. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
Additionally, please be sure to respond to the short answer prompts found in the supplemental questions. These responses should be added in a separate Word or PDF document in the attachments section of the application.
Applicants who are strongly being considered for employment must submit to a national criminal history background check.
- Cultivate, develop and provide technical assistance (general guidance, written guidance, resources, trainings, 1:1 feedback) to districts focused improving district retention and recruitment
- Design, source, vet, disseminate, and promote high-quality financial strategies for strategic compensation that will promote sustainability of teacher salary increases
- Contribute to the development of a process for evaluating locally developed teacher designation systems and utilize that process to evaluate the extent to which districts meet certain criteria as it aligns to compensation and human capital systems
- Align Teacher Incentive Allotment best practices and TEA school finance processes by partnering closely with TEA’s school finance team and other state-wide experts
Education: Graduation from an accredited four-year college or university.
Experience: At least (5) years of experience in education.
Substitutions: An advanced degree may substitute for two years of required experience.
- Experience designing, implementing compensation strategy, Pre-K-12 context preferred
- Track record of achieving outcomes through influence and without direct reporting relationship
- Consulting, HR, and/or finance experience preferred
- Ability to effectively communicate with a wide group of stakeholders
- Strong long-term planning and project management skills, including establishing outcomes, determining evaluative measures, and tracking progress
- Highly organized; ability to manage multiple projects at once and meet deadlines
- Meticulous attention to detail with an ability to produce high quality work in a dynamic environment
- Ability to efficiently analyze information across longitudinal data sources using a variety of system
- Ability to break down complex information into comprehensive parts, ask questions, synthesize and analyze
- Flexibility and comfort with ambiguity
- Ability to engage in a collaborative, results-oriented team environment
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- A desire to self-reflect, give/receive feedback and continuously improve
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel
As an equal opportunity employer, we hire without consideration to race, religion, color, national origin, age, sex, disability, or veteran status, unless an applicant is entitled to the veteran’s preference.
Additional Military Crosswalk (occupational specialty code) information can be accessed here .
This position requires the applicant to meet Agency standards and criteria which may include passing a pre-employment criminal background check, prior to being offered employment by the Agency.
No phone calls or emails, please. Due to the high volume of applications, we do not accept telephone calls and cannot reply to all email inquiries. Only candidates selected for interview will be contacted.
To Apply: https://www.jobg8.com/Traffic.aspx?Kg361Cnmnno3tMVuxPHQ3At