Under general supervision, maintain and report on fertilizer and chemical usage, assist in the preparation and maintenance of the fertilizer/chemical budget, process and reconcile fertilizer/chemical purchase orders in multiple systems, prepare annual irrigation assessment applications, prepare annual FSA applications for participation in federal crop assistance programs, track and maintain crop inventory from harvest to final delivery, prepare monthly stock reports for insurance purposes, prepare and reconcile individual crop sales information, complete crop reporting requirements to external parties, maintain field information and files, and assist with month end closing.
The following duties ARE NOT intended to serve as a comprehensive list of all duties performed by employees in this classification, only a representative summary of the primary duties and responsibilities. Incumbent(s) may not be required to perform all duties listed and may be required to perform additional position-specific duties as needed.
- Work closely with the farm operations manager in all aspects relating to fertilizer and chemical usage.
- Assist in the preparation of the annual fertilizer/chemical budget, track usage of fertilizer/chemical, record and reconcile applications through all the appropriate company systems, including but not limited to Access, Excel, Land DB, and Famous.
- Build strong relationships and provide exceptional customer service with vendors, customers and/or government agencies, by answering requests/questions in a prompt and efficient manner via phone, e-mail, and standard mail communication channels.
- Thorough understanding of the company’s purchase order and cost accounting systems.
- Review all fertilizer/chemical invoices for accurate pricing and necessary documentation. Work with farm operations manager to ensure proper pricing is reflected on the invoice.
- Record purchase orders into the Famous software, Land DB and Excel Budget. Work closely with Payroll Clerk to ensure invoices are recorded properly for purchase matching.
- Prepare annual Irrigation Assessment applications.
- Prepare annual FSA application for participation in federal crop assistance programs.
- Track and maintain crop inventory. Record crop production at harvest, and track product delivery/sales to end user. Maintain internal records per crop and customer on product sales, and reconcile with third party documentation for accuracy. Assistant the controller with crop valuation for financial statement purposes by timely maintenance of crop inventory/sales information.
- Prepare monthly stock reports on storages for reporting to third party insurance carriers.
- Maintain field information and files for compliance with internal and external reporting requirements. Including but not limited to, field maps and locations, crop rotation, soil/petiole samples, and chemigation records.
- Compliance with all reporting requirements for to both internal and external parties regarding fields, crops and/or fertilizer/chemicals. Including mandatory reporting to processors. Maintain processor portals for reporting requirements.
- Assist in month end closing by verifying that all fertilizer/chemical purchase orders are entered into Famous in a timely manner. Verify on a monthly basis that the Fert/Chem budget, Land DB, and Famous reconcile for accuracy and completeness. Assist the payroll clerk in the reconciliation of outstanding fertilizer/chemical payables. Ensure that all inventory/sales information is updated for use in financial statement valuations. In the event that any of the above do not balance or are not complete, notify the controller, perform audit, provide necessary feedback, and perform correction.
- Harvest – Scale trucks, assist with field tracking, and manages storage maps as needed.
- Assist with other projects or tasks as needed.
Strong problem-solving skills, basic accounting principal knowledge, documentation skills, research and resolution skills, data analysis and multi-tasking skills.
Well organized, self-starter, leader, and strong work ethic.
Proficient in excel and word.
10-key by touch and ability to type 60-65 wpm.
Education and Experience
Associates Degree preferred.
1-3 years of related experience.
Working Conditions/Physical Requirements
Work is performed in a standard office environment.
Subject to standing, walking, bending, reaching, and lifting objects up to 25 pounds.
To Apply: https://www.jobg8.com/Traffic.aspx?QEUWeZsKYUrUyxyOM0QgzAx