The Director of Change Validation will be responsible for managing the people and process involved with ensuring software changes moving to production have been tested appropriately and present the highest level of assurance that their introduction into the production environment will not result in materially impactful incidents which cause outages or otherwise detrimental effects for our business partners and customers.
- We are looking for a self-starter, someone who is ready to take on the challenge of building out a process with practices that will fundamentally alter the way our customers IT department delivers code to the production environment.
- Ideally, someone with a creative mindset and the emotional intelligence to interact with multiple teams with different agendas in a fast-paced environment and can provide tangible results while growing a team.
- A bold leader who is willing to take calculated risks, fail fast, learn quickly and adjust accordingly.
- 5+ years managing hybrid teams comprised of FTEs, contractors and managed services
- Leadership experience and capabilities to interact with Senior management and lead a new team and flex to the daily demands of a rapidly expanding organization.
- Ability to work independently to drive change throughout the organization
- Quality mindset, yet flexible enough to read complex landscapes to determine the right course of action (operational awareness)
- Experience creating and delivering presentations to both technical and non-technical staff including senior leadership
- Mastery of SDLC common practices, with an emphasis on best practices for software test methodologies
- Experience with functional, regression, load, performance, security and end-to-end testing following both manual and automated solutions with the goal to automate all testing functionality.
- Ability to adapt to changing priorities, shifting landscapes, and executive directives in an extremely fast-paced environment.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Internal drive and desire to take on bold challenges and deliver cost effective solutions that work in real world situations, not hypothetical scenarios.
- Previous work in the mortgage or financial industry is a huge plus
Essential Job Functions
- Lead the effort to stand up a Staging (pre-production) environment where software changes can be vetted and certified to move to the production environment
- Lead the effort to stand up a Hotfix environment where software changes can be vetted and certified to move to the production environment in response to a major production incident in order to restore business functionality
- Serve as a subject matter expert for testing practices and methodologies
- Owns all aspects of testing in Staging and Production environments
- Work with Change Management, Build and Deploy Automation, Project Management Office, QA and senior leadership to help define a new release process that can accommodate the necessary test cycles required to certify release candidates are ready for production deployment
- Help build out and manage teams and individuals who will be responsible for functional, regression, performance, load, security and end-to-end testing in a Staging environment as well as high level touch testing in production post implementation of changes
- Produce regular reports highlighting weekly and monthly KPIs, resource allocations including operational spend, progress on open initiatives, and overall metrics
- Work with internal and external partners to meet the requirements of success in this role.
– provided by Dice
To Apply: https://www.jobg8.com/Traffic.aspx?qX5pEk8H2u46JaAWxi1ljgh