Title: Senior Python Developer (100% Remote)
Duration: 6 Months (Possibility of Extn)
Location: San Francisco, CA (Remote)
Open to candidates located anywhere who can work PST hours
Our Security Software Engineering team builds and operates highly scalable, fault-tolerant, distributed systems to deliver cloud-scale security software services. We provide the fundamental building blocks to improve and preserve customer trust in company’s products across multiple public cloud substrates and our own network infrastructure. We leverage many open source technologies, including big data, machine learning, NoSQL database, container, Kubernetes, Istio to architect and implement our services, to protect company products/infrastructure and defend against malicious attacks. Our products’ massive complexity requires our software engineers to be highly adaptive to new technology and methodologies and having the strong ability to deliver reliable software services under pressure. Prior security knowledge is not strictly required. You will have the unique opportunity to learn from the best industry security experts and integrate that into your software and service engineering.
Primary Roles and Responsibilities:
* Develops software solutions by studying information needs; conferring with users; studying systems flow, data usage, and work processes; investigating problem areas; following the software development life-cycle.
* Determines operational feasibility by evaluating analysis, problem definition, requirements, solution development, and proposed solutions.
* Responsible for developing new programs and proofing the program to develop needed changes to assure production of a quality product.
* Responsible for analysis of current programs including performance, diagnosis and troubleshooting of problem programs, and designing solutions to resolve system issues.
* Creates and executes unit/functional/integration/performance tests and addresses defects.
Provide rough estimates of work-effort needed to stakeholders and planning teams.
* Responsible for providing engineering support to our team when they are building, deploying, configuring, and supporting the system.
* Works closely with the team to ensure consistent understanding of requirements and approach
Requirements / Skills:
* Bachelor’s degree in computer science, computer engineering, or related field.
* 6-8 years’ experience working with open source technologies
* Knowledge of Object-Oriented Languages & Concepts (Python / Design Patterns, OOD)
* Knowledge of Distributed Systems and Database technologies. Working experience with Salesforce is a plus
* Knowledge of security patterns and practices.
* Experience with building RESTful Web Services
* Working with Python platform, expertise with Flask is a plus.
* Expertise with AWS or Azure is a plus.
* Experience with Agile software development practices
* Experience with DevSecOps practices is a plus
* Ability to work collaboratively with others and have excellent spoken and written communications skills.
* Possess strong problem-solving, debugging, and analytical skills.
To Apply: https://www.jobg8.com/Traffic.aspx?0wkJfIEeJHyT2OW%2fVnXqbgy