- Provide Financial Management support throughout the directorate.
- Budget Analysts – Examine budget estimates for completeness, accuracy, and conformance with procedures and regulations.
- Analyze budgeting and accounting reports.
- Provide assistance to the senior financial manager with program integration, as well as procedural, technical, budget estimates, and financial cost analysis, cost estimating, cost scheduling and financial programming work on assignments.
- Review and check obligations, expenditures, reimbursable orders, and requests for allotments to ensure funds are being spent in accordance with annual financial plans.
- Assist with providing budget formulation and management for all phases of the Planning, Programming, Budgeting and Execution process; budget and financial analysis; obligation and expenditure forecasting; funds management, funds status, and funds control techniques and/or systems; accounting and finance systems; and/or procedures.
- Prepare a variety of reports covering the status of funds and advises program managers and management officials on the availability of funds.
- This support can include data entry personnel knowledgeable with the AFRL Enterprise Business System (EBS), and Comprehensive Cost and Requirements System (CCaRs).
- Within the specific area of cost estimating: must be familiar with performing life cycle cost versus mission effectiveness assessments and developing detailed cost estimates to enable well-informed program decisions, risk analyses/assessments, systems engineering decisions, and logistics and sustainment decisions.
- Provide on-site support for Earned Value Management
- Perform Integrated Baseline Review team planning; provide training for Integrated Baseline Review (IBR) teams; support our clients in performance analysis of Contract Performance Reports (CPRs), Cost/Schedule Status Reports (C/SSR), Contract Funds Status Report (CFSR) and Contractor Cost Data Reports (CCDR); support the client in the creation of contract CDRLs for the above reports as well as the Integrated Master Schedule (IMS) and Contractor Work Breakdown Structure (WBS) dictionary; support clients in the creation of CCDR plans; and provide training for integrated product teams on Earned Value Management and analysis techniques.
- Apply knowledge of DODD 5000.1/DoDI 5000.02 (and Air Force implementing instructions when published) and DoD Financial Management and associated Regulations, Air Force AFI 65 Series, AFMC Financial Instructions, and DFAS Regulations/Guidance.
- Prepare program reports and financial documentation.
- Draw conclusions and devise solutions to problems relating to improvement of financial management effectiveness, work methods, financial systems, and procedure efficiency.
- Design and maintain program budgets and other financial tracking documentation.
- Serve as analyst and recognized expert in cost estimating, analysis, and Earned Value Management for AFRL/RQ.
- Facilitate time-sensitive projects, analyses, and support for AFRL/RQ Director.
- Provide technical and cost guidance, advisory support, and assistance to RQ and HQ leadership.
- Lead work requiring the design, development, and adaptation of mathematical, statistical, econometric, and other scientific methods and techniques.
- Perform a broad range of cost and operations research analysis assignments entailing unique problems, creativity, innovative techniques, advanced approaches, and new technologies.
- Utilize scientific inquiry in the development of mathematical cost models and computer programs.
- Train and mentor analysts in developing technical skills to create cost models and analytical frameworks supporting Directorate projects, studies, or problems.
- Attend meetings, conferences, briefings, and seminars related to program planning, advanced technologies, and support system concepts.
- Master’s degree
- Minimum 10 years of experience
- Secret clearance required
To Apply: https://www.jobg8.com/ATSApply.aspx?kD%2boqxWZLdABvSUVUBpZfgk