*** This position must be located (post-Covid) in Overland Park, KS; Frisco, TX; or Bellevue, WA.
The Events team brings the Un-carrier brand and message to life through live and virtual/digital experiences, connecting with people over shared passion points to grow our brand and business. The team is chartered with the development, oversight, and execution of major events across the company. We are seeking a Business Marketing Events Manager, that will be responsible for the planning, execution and performance management of T-Mobile for Business external events, which includes industry/trade shows supporting the Public Sector business. This person will serve as the main event lead for events supporting this portfolio including B2B industry shows, sponsored conferences, events virtual and in-person and first-party, owned events to reach IT decision makers.
The individual must have a passion for and experience in creating impactful brand experiences through B2B events to engage customers, with fundamental understanding of how to leverage events to drive brand love and growth for the business. The role will work cross functionally with multiple internal departments, properties, agencies, and leadership. Extensive knowledge in B2B event sponsorship negotiation and management. The role will oversee the B2B event marketing process including planning, creative development, execution, measurement, and communication of events. The role will work cross functionally with multiple internal departments, properties, agencies, and senior-level leadership.
- Bring the brand to life by defining contextually relevant thematic creative and carrying it through all event elements, in partnership with internal brand teams and agency partners
- Project manage overall event, including managing cross-functional stakeholders, setting clear expectations, and driving for alignment on event strategy and delivery for both virtual and in-person programs.
- Lead and deliver the overall event experience
- Develop an event brief which defines business and event objectives, target audience, program executional components, etc.
- Understand messaging hierarchy and incorporate through contextually relevant experiences
- Lead cross-functional teams and execute work stream plans
- Facilitate meetings, set meeting cadence, lead with clear agendas and follow up with detailed notes and action items
- Oversee and manage event budgets
- Identify and mitigate issues/escalations
- Manage agencies on all creative/production, logistics planning, registration, housing, venue(s), event tools, etc
- Establish key performance indicators, measure, and deliver results
- Create post event debriefs and manage event budget reconciliation
Build/manage event templates/processes, managing team document sharing site, managing team budget in partnership with finance team, etc.
- B2B event management experience and knowledge in third party or sponsored B2B events for in-person and virtual platforms
- Understanding of how to articulate a brand vision and message through events
- Proven experience leading cross functional teams and managing agency partners
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Understanding of event technical production and logistics
- Ability to react quickly and remain calm in high-pressure situations
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, able to manage multiple projects/events at one time, and consistently meet deadlines; strong interpersonal skills, willingness to accept and provide direction, ability to work independently while remaining a team player
- Comfortable with the ambiguity that can accompany a position in a dynamic organization
- Ability to travel up to 30-40% a year to plan and execute events
- Bachelor s degree in event management, marketing, communications, business or a related field
- Minimum of 5-7 years experience executing trade or industry shows/events
- Experience executing events across varying audiences, segments and channels
- Experience managing event logistics, creative, production, sponsorship contracts, registration, housing, venue(s), event tools, etc.
- Experience working for or with event agencies
- Telecom experience a plus.
- Trade show experience a must.
As America s Un-carrier, T-Mobile USA, Inc. (NASDAQ: TMUS ) is redefining the way consumers and businesses buy wireless services through leading product and service innovation. The company s advanced nationwide 4G and 4G LTE network delivers outstanding wireless experiences for customers who are unwilling to compromise on quality and value. Based in Bellevue, Washington, T-Mobile USA. Inc. provides services through its subsidiaries and operates its flagship brands, T-Mobile and Metro by T-Mobile. For more information, please visit
Equal Employment Opportunity
We take equal opportunity seriously by choice.
T-Mobile USA, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All decisions concerning the employment relationship will be made without regard to age, race, ethnicity, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, religious affiliation, marital status, citizenship status, veteran status, the presence of any physical or mental disability, or any other status or characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. Discrimination, retaliation or harassment based upon any of these factors is wholly inconsistent with how we do business and will not be tolerated.
To Apply: https://www.jobg8.com/Traffic.aspx?YuiqU34x1o69O27%2b5HhfQQg