Job Position : Sr PostgreSQL DBA
Location : Baltimore, MD
Long Term Contract
This position will be responsible for:
- Administration of PostgreSQL databases throughout the development and production lifecycles.
- Strong Scripting and Automation.
- Strong experience DEVOPS.
- Strong experience with RDS.
- Design and develop logical and physical database designs from customer requirements.
- Provide advice and support to development resources.
- Provide guidance in the creation and modification of standards and procedures.
- Supporting the standing standards, policies and procedures of the customer team.
- Provide mentorship to group members and will be expected to help develop and support mid and junior level staff.
- May be scheduled for after hours on-call support and will be required to apply production packages during non-peak hours
The role will include other duties as directed by management to include:
- Day to day administration of community release PostgreSQL databases in AWS EC2 and RDS
- Collaborate with development, architecture, and release teams, providing architectural design recommendations, driving standards for effective PostgreSQL transition to production operations.
- Recognized by the industry or industry contributor for PostgreSQL
- In depth knowledge of the PostgreSQL architecture
- Drive end to end availability, performance monitoring, and capacity planning for PostgreSQL, using different tools
- Implement automated methods and industry best practices for consistent installation and configuration of PostgreSQL for production and non-production environments
- Conduct technical reviews and Walkthroughs of system design documentation with development and design team members.
- Manage backup and recovery functions for a PostgreSQL environment
- Proactively monitor and setup alerting mechanism for both database and supporting hardware to ensure system health and maximum availability
- Create users, establish database security, create resource queue, performance tuning in terms of query execution etc.
- Plan and coordinate system upgrades.
- Perform capacity monitoring and short and long-term capacity planning in collaboration with development resources, system administrators and system architects
- Manage Disaster Recovery environment
- Identify and resolve incidents and address to user problems/concerns
- Generate reports of all processes and jobs currently running on PostgreSQL with details like users, start and end time, CPU Usage and time, Memory usage, IO Time, locking etc.
Detailed Skills Requirements
- Five years of below technologies: Expertise in implementing Ansible automation, Experience in Python, Experience in agile and DevOps methodologies implementation
- Considered a leader in the field
- Ansible scripting
- Experience with cloud environment, AWS
- Liquibase – Database Change management tool.
- Database Administration (DBA) skills
- Database (PostgreSQL v9.6 and above) – 7 years
- AWS RDS – 2 years
- Ansible – 3 years
- Shell Scripting – 10 years
- Python – 7 years
- AWS (EC2 & S3) – 4 year
- Git and Atlassian suites (Confluence, JIRA, Bitbucket) -5 years.
– provided by Dice
To Apply: https://www.jobg8.com/Traffic.aspx?%2bGX3pa8E%2fLWwcIeXu3jQCgz