A new tab will open
# of Openings: 1
System ID: 11516
SCA, a leader in the outpatient surgery industry, strategically partners with health plans, medical groups and health systems across the country to develop and optimize surgical facilities. SCA operates more than 210 surgical facilities, including ambulatory surgery centers and surgical hospitals, in partnership with approximately 7,500 physicians. For more information on SCA, visit .
Accountabilities / Responsibilities
The Purchasing Coordinator is responsible for purchasing and maintaining the facility’s inventory to support patient care, and to achieve organizational goals as directed by the facility management. Effective inventory control and managing facilities budget for resources and materials in a manner that supports medical needs of the center. Fiscal responsibility in keeping material costs minimized without compromising quality.
- Demonstrated skill on computer input and operation and oversees facility inventory management plan
- Knowledge of inventory/stock procedures
- Knowledgeable of equipment and supply orders, par levels, returns
- Excellent organizational skills
- Ability to set priorities
- Ability to provide direction to others that is clear, concise, and promotes efficiency throughout the facility
- Alert to detail and follow-up. Maintains accurate records
- Ability to frequently lift and carry articles 25 lbs. or over
- Effectively organizes time, equipment, and supplies.
- High School graduate or equivalent required.
- Minimum of 2 years previous ASC/hospital experience in related field (Purchasing, CS, SPD, Receiving)
- Self-directed and able to operate independently
- Exceptional communication and teamwork
We value Diversity, Inclusion, and Belonging at Surgical Care Affiliates: SCA is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), age, national origin, disability and genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug – free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
To Apply: Click Here