Support Solutions seeks talented, gifted, and creative individuals to add to our dynamic team of individuals who work in our ECF (Employment and Community First) CHOICES, DCS, and Mental Health Housing programs. If you are ready to become a contributor to an industry leader in the field of Mental Health and Intellectual Disabilities, we encourage you to apply to become a valued team member. We are looking forward to having someone like you to lead us into the future!
To provide supervision and coordination of residential, day and personal assistance supports for persons served. This position will act as a liaison between Direct Support Professionals, and administration for the day to day operation of the assigned areas. This includes ensuring that person(s) served needs are met, staffing ratios are correct, staff are properly trained, and documentation is complete and accurate and that all areas of responsibility meet state and licensure requirements.
- Assist with supervision, evaluations, completion of disciplinary actions, hiring of Direct Support Professionals in the locations assigned, with input and approval of the Assistant Program Director and/or Regional Director.
- Participate in the development of the person(s) served plans of care (ISP or PCSP) and activity calendars. Document progress in monthly reviews. Assure community supports are in accordance with the plan of care.
- Schedule and hold regular staff meetings and staff training (agenda items to include proper implementation of the person(s) served programs, company policies, and procedures, the orientation of new staff, to include job shadowing). Assure that communication is maintained with all staff. Assure appropriate coverage of all shifts and the completion of all duties.
- Assure that all aspects of the person(s) served records (hard copy and electronic) are current and conform to all regulations and standards. Including a review of Electronic Records daily to assure that daily notes are entered by all staff in the home and meet expectations of funding sources.
- Assure that all required/recommended medical appointments are completed; assure that staff coverage is arranged to accompany person(s) served to appointments, and assure communication to all staff regarding that appointment. Any follow up appointments should be documented in the electronic record.
- Assure that all incidents are reported according to policies and procedures in a prompt and timely manner. Assist with internal and external investigation requests, including documentation requests and coordinating staff interviews.
- Ensure records for personal and company funds (ex. food stamps, personal spending, and business checks) are submitted timely. Ensure support staff submits inventory updates to personal funds within 24 hours. Complete reviews as needed. Procure additional items as needed and approved.
- Maintain expenditures within the approved budget for assigned homes and maintain and monitor the use, condition, availability, and storage of all furniture, appliances, and other household resources.
- Maintain a safe and clean home in accordance with all standards; this includes the vehicle as well.
- Assure that monthly fire and emergency drills are conducted and properly documented according to policy and procedures.
- Ensure that training specific to the needs of the individual is completed for all staff before they work with any person served. Coordinate any behavior or therapy training for new staff. Ensure the prompt implementation of service plans/ prior authorizations, Behavior Support Plans, ISP/plans of care, therapy plans for persons served.
- Ensure that supervision visits are completed and documented. This includes three (3) unannounced visits in each home and one (1) unannounced visit during community-based day services for each individual Monthly Follow up on identified issues. Also follow up on identified issues from Quality Assurance visits. Supervise employees, including completion of evaluations and disciplinary actions. Make recommendations regarding hiring and termination of employees.
- Program Manager may be required to cover a shift if/when subordinate staff is unavailable.
- The Program Manager is on call and is responsible for maintaining a cell phone 24/7 to ensure accessibility. Program Manager is required to respond to all calls within 30 minutes from Staff /Management regarding staffing call outs, aggression, physical violence, property damage due to behaviors and incidents requiring law enforcement or emergency medical intervention.
- May give telephonic guidance; however, personal attendance to a crisis may be required at any time. Assist Direct Support Professionals in managing incidents and emergencies. Follow up to ensure that incidents are reported according to policies and procedures in a prompt and timely manner.
- Review and approve staff schedules to ensure proper coverage and minimize overtime. Check and approve employee timecards.
- Assist with transitions and admissions to all programs that Support Solutions provides.
- Document meetings outcomes and review each Service Plans or Plan of Care draft for errors for needed revisions. Contact Support Coordination or ISC Entity for corrections. Ensure all information is uploaded and maintained within the persons served electronic records.
- Communicate medical appointment information via S-Comm or other means of communication.
- Enter annual and amendments for ISP’s and Plans of Care, including outcomes/action steps as ISP programs in Therap.
- Generate monthly reviews and forward them to ISC’s.
- WEEKLY PAY
- Paid Training
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Competitive Wages
- 8 Paid Holidays per year
- 401K Program
- Medical Insurance, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
Must have a high school diploma or equivalent. College attendance is a plus. Must have a minimum of three (3) years of supervisory/ management experience in providing supports for people with intellectual disabilities. Excellent communication skills and self-directed responsibility are expected. Must have the desire and skills to mentor team members.
Must have proficient computer knowledge. Must have a valid driver’s license and maintain a valid driver’s license and acceptable driving record throughout employment with Support Solutions. Must meet state and local requirements regarding criminal background check, sexual offender check, abuse registry, drug screening, and felony offender listing. Must meet all training requirements and keep training current.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
- Effective organizational skills, able to complete heavy workloads within established time frames, and perform with frequent interruptions and/or distractions
- Effective interpersonal skills, able to establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with others, ability to interact appropriately with others in various contexts and purposes
- Must be able to practice confidentiality in all matters pertaining to clients and employees
- Has effective time management in the office and in the field and adjust priorities quickly as circumstances dictate
- Can perform a variety of duties, often changing from one task to another, in a job that may require significant differences in technology, techniques, environmental factors, physical demands, or work situations.
- Working knowledge of community resources
- Keeps a professional appearance
- Able to follow instructions and work independently
- Have a proficient knowledge of computer software programs needed to complete job tasks
- Have a general knowledge of office machines. (Fax, Printers, Copiers, etc.)
- Understands protocol when working with individuals with developmental disabilities.
- Thorough knowledge of rules, regulations, policies, and procedures.
- Possess a high degree of leadership and a lead by example mindset, make appropriate job decisions following standard office policies and procedures, recognize an emergency situation and take appropriate action, think through the consequences of a decision prior to making it.
Support Solutions is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer that is committed to diversity. Support Solutions does not discriminate in employment opportunities, decisions or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, genetics, national origin, age, mental or physical handicap or disability, citizenship, gender identity, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Support Solutions will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities; unless doing so would result in an undue hardship. This policy governs all aspects of employment, including hiring, job assignment, promotion, compensation, discipline, termination, and access to benefits and training.
To Apply: https://www.jobg8.com/ATSApply.aspx?lC9SPxxGM%2fh0yp0L82IRpQd